• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cheat Meals and Cheat Days. Do you do them?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by abetterme, Apr 14, 2013.

1. abetterme

abetterme Member

Lately, I've heard a lot about scheduling cheat meals or even cheat days in which you eat what-ever you want for that meal or day. Has anyone tried this?

Of course, I have cheated on a diet before, but they weren't planned cheats, more of a spur of the moment cheat, lol. They say planning to cheat will keep your appetite under control and increase your metabolism.

So, what do you think?
      Is planning to cheat a good thing?

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I used to do it but I found it only served to reinforce my cravings for junk food. It can also foster an unhealthy relationship with food as you focus on your cheat meal too much and become obsessed. I prefer 'spare of the moment' cheats.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I honestly think its great to plan cheat days because if you didn't then whenever you would get the urge to cheat then you would just cheat. I usually save these days for Friday or the weekend because I like to relax from my schedule on these days.

4. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

I generally don't have a problem with keeping a strict diet 7 days in the week, but I just rather not. My cheat day is usually Monday, because having a case of the Mondays is even worse when you have hiked during the weekend and you're dying for some carbs at the university, but you would not, because you would feel bad for having cheated.

5. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I like to have 2 or 3 cheat days every month. Its a great way to reward yourself for your hard work. Its also nice not feeling terrible after overeating one day, you can just chalk it up as your cheat day and move on.