• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cayenne pepper?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Zest, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

I've just heard some strange rumour that Cayenne pepper helps you improve your metabolism. Is there actually any medical evidence that this information is true? Personally, I find it hard to believe.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

It is actually true. The capsaicin in cayenne pepper and all chillies raises body temperature, your body then responds by lowering body temperature and this slightly raises your metabolic rate. Studies have shown the increase to be 5-10%.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

So is this true with most spicy foods?

4. musclemad

It is true. The technical scientific term is thermogenesis, which basically means you are burning fat for energy. Studies have shown that capsaicin causes thermogenesis. Chillies are also anti-inflammatory and packed with vitamin C.

5. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

Well my friend will certainly be pleased to hear this as he loves those peppers and chillies in general.

6. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

Yes, spicy foods speed up your metabolism a great bit. So if you want to make all your food spicy then that would be a good idea.

7. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

Its not going to have a huge impact on weight loss, though it will help a small amount.

8. musclemad

No one claimed it will have a huge impact on weight loss. The same applies to green tea. green tea has some unique fat-burning properties but it will not magically get you ripped but it will assist your weight loss to some extent.

9. allswl

allswl New Member

From what I have read it seems that Cayenne pepper will boost your metabolism as part of your healthy day to day diet. It does not matter much if you consume as a powder, real cayenne peppers in your favorite recipes, or in capsule form, your metabolism will be boosted.

10. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

Cayenne pepper is amazing, I put it on any meat I cook lol. I use a lot too and my bottle has been lasting me for so long now. Like 10 months and Im only like a 1/4 done it.