• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Car crash

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alomjabpd, Sep 22, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Car crash

I had to settle my last claim in court and I wasn't even there Car was parked up

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Car crash

I had someone drive into the back of me last week.

I was queue jumping on a two lane A road as I couldn't be bothered to wait with everyone else along the approach to the slip road. As I got towards the slip road there weren't really any gaps so I had to stop and try and cut in, a guy in a van locked up and skidded into the back of me, completely my fault but I the eyes of the law it would've been his fault.

Fortunately there was zero damage as he had practically stopped at impact point but if I had wanted to claim it would have been easy to blame it on him and as it was rush hour no witnesses stopped so it would have been my word against his.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Car crash

sorry to say mate as soon as you ran into the back of him its your fault in the eyes of the insurance theyll say you didnt leave or maintain a safe stopping distance between you and the car infront. Thats how the scammers were doing it a few years ago slamming on and letting people run into the back of them. The written statment isnt worth the paper its written on if he didnt sign it and even if he did his insurance company will argue until the end of time its your fault. i can see a long drawn out battle with the insurance company on this one mate

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Car crash

Sorry mate don't hold your breath. Mrs turned down a one way street and cracked an oncoming car. He was beefing saying sorry it's his fault etc. Anyway ended 50 50.he said he was upset. Mrs got part done for entering the junction '' ''recklessly '' ''''

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Car crash

These types of situations are the reason why sometimes its best to phone the police. An officer will come out, take statements from both drivers and the officer will put on a vehicle acident report, which will be sent to the insurance company with the officers findings of whos to blame if any.

Tags: