• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Caffeine

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Ryder13

Ryder13 Member

Apparently Tony Horton, the P90X guy suggests dumping coffee, but tea is okay.
      He is also advocating no alcohol. I don't even have to ask what he thinks about tobacco.
      Anyway quitting coffee for me (although I take mine black) would be harder than the no alcohol suggestion.
      He is also wary of OJ, which I used to have each morning . . with my coffee. Oh boy.
      Ryder13

2. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I am also a coffee addict but I am currently trying to change my diet so I replace coffee by water and sometimes tea.
      I feel that I have almost the same energy levels as to when I used to drink coffee everyday.
      Sometimes I would have so much coffee that it would even make me sleepy which is ironic because most people have a lot of energy from it and the sugar high that it gives.

3. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I've never known caffeine to make one sleepy. If I drink a lot of coffee I feel hyperactive and slightly spaced out. Is that what you mean by sleep? The spaced out feeling...

Coffee is a drug so be careful and consume sensibly.