• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Bulking and Belly

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by baletki, Aug 2, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Evening guys,

I was chatting to my friend today and told him about my bulking plan for the next 12 weeks but said that I don't want my belly getting too big (i know it is inevitable that its going to get little big with the extra calories). He said that all his friends who are big in mass all got bellies and the ones who haven't are not big but ripped.

I started my bulk last monday and this week kept to my diet and training, however all the brown pasta, rice, wholemeal pittas have bloated me and my belly looks bigger than last week. I have one of those stubborn bellies that lose the fat hard but gain it easily, during my cut i dropped from 84kg to 74kg but my arms, shoulders and chest also deflated.
      My average macros last week were Carbs 260, Fat 75 and 240 protein, Im 5'11weighing 167 pounds, I do want to put on some quality mass and avoid bad food.

Should i increase the cardio more or just see how it goes for few weeks and then adjust?

thanks for any advice.

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

Some ppl increase their cardio just to keep BF at bay To bulk clean is hard bud

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

Depends what you want really, wash board abs on a smaller physique or more mass with a little bodyfat. Personally I don't want to waste my time looking like a ripped skeleton and gaining bugger all mass.

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

surely that defeats the point of a bulk as you wont be in such an excess of calories doing added cardio?

OP: the whole point of a bulk is to gain mass, yes some of this will be fat, but as long as you eat clean you wont gain much fat. when you cut again youl see the abs again, dont worry about loosing your abs for a month or two.. weathers sh!te anyway.

5. adabook

adabook Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

thanks lads, i realise it is hard and i am dedicated to it, I also realise i am going to get a little belly maybe but i agree with you, i don't want to look skinny.

6. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

harry, cheers for the reply mate, i just hope when it comes to the cut my belly is not too huge to get it down, im 32 now and getting on a bit.

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

honestly mate as long as you get your excess calories from clean food youl be fine. just up the cardio when you cut again.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

Think you will find most body builders don't bulk and cut now bud But if you don't believe ask around Bud even in offseason they are not overly fat

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

Im in the same boat i started two weeks ago and i loook like a pregnant women lol but ive been eating whatever i want when i want as i have an active job i really have to load up on cals to out any size on its worth tho when im in the gym smashed my bp close grip bench tonight 90 kg for 5 reps was onky doing 75 for 5 2 weeeks ago ..

10. 88brah

88brah Well-Known Member

Bulking and Belly

you shouldnt get 'fat' during a bulk. you WILL hold more water and gain a little fat i dont mean turn into heather from eastenders. and no Pro BB's have an off season and then they cut and prep for a show so yes technically they do cut and bulk.

Tags: