• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Bread

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by AnnaU93, Apr 15, 2013.

1. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I feel that most of my weight gain around my stomach area always occurs when I have a bit more sandwiches or bread than I need to.(I love sandwiches haha).
      Anyways, I would like to know how much bread do you consume during one day and how much slices should a person be having per day?

2. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I try to keep my bread intake to a minimum, but I like sandwiches too! I would say no more than 2 maybe 3 slices a day at most would be fine. I found the things that were the worst in my diet were the "vehicles" that got the food to me. Bread, hamburger buns, etc. Try looking into the low calorie wraps to make your sandwich in. Or better yet, cut all the bread and roll the meat, cheese tomato etc in the lettuce. Throw a tooth pick through it and there you go.

3. abetterme

abetterme Member

I've never been a big bread eater, so I never ate it everyday. The exception is home baked breads, which my mom used to cook - yummy! I'm from the South and her biscuits and cornbread were amazing during my childhood! I have her recipes, and we used to bake together, but now I am afraid I might go bread crazy if I get into them and I don't need the extra carbs. Anyway, I don't think bread is bad once in a while and two pieces a day shouldn't harm anyone. There are many who say it causes inflammation but I am not sure on the science there. Apparently the gluten has properties that lead to inflammation in some people.