• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Best cert?

Discussion in 'For Personal Trainers' started by Bernatek, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Bernatek

Bernatek Well-Known Member

Am interested in becoming a personel trainer, read some articles, but what is the best certification?
      How is ISSA? or NASM?

2. Meaghan120

Meaghan120 New Member

Hi there! I got my personal trainer certification through W.I.T.S. I did mine at my local community college. It was a little pricey, it cost me $799 but I think it was well worth it. You go to class for 6 weeks, once a week. I went on Saturdays, and it is all day. You have to get a text book and the first half of your day for about 3 hours you have regular class, where you sit in a classroom and do work out of the book. Then you have an hour break and come back to the gym for your clinical training for about 2-3 hours. You do that for 5 Saturdays and then the 6th one is your test. You first have a 100 question multiple choice test were you have to get a 70% or better. Then you have your clinical test, where you will be partnered up and the instructor will ask you to demonstrate an exercise that works the quads for example. If you do not pass they let you get 1 free retake. Then you have to take a 30 hour internship to receive your certifcation. Then you have to renew every 2 years by getting 10 continuing education credits (c.e.c) . The nice thing about W.I.T.S. is that they have c.e.c you can pay for, like I'm doing a pregnancy fitness one and it cost about $200, but they offer webinars every 1-2 months for free and if you join them and complete a short quiz you get 1 c.e.c. so you can essentially get them for free. Then it's only $75 to renew every 2 years. Like I said it's pricey and takes a lot of time, but I loved the hands on factor of it and for someone like me it was very worth it! I hope this gave you a little insight into the W.I.T.S. program. Good luck on your journey to becoming a personal trainer!!! :)

Tags: