• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Beginner - Weird Question... Am I Eating Enough?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by krupnijihbc, Aug 29, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Beginner - Weird Question... Am I Eating Enough?

All good. The only reason I'm wondering if I have too large of a deficit is because I know my old eating habits. And I know that in order to maintain my current total body weight, I'd have to eat close to 3500-4000 calories per day. But that's me assuming based on math, not sure if that's actually true, I guess. I haven't actually tried to eat that much intentionally to find my maintenance, just added up a typical day of the crap I used to eat all the time.

Is that the wrong way to go about it?

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Beginner - Weird Question... Am I Eating Enough?

It's a long road, so a month of experimenting isn't going to put a huge dent in your progress. For ****s and giggles I'd try 2500 a day and see how much weight you lose in 3 weeks. It'll give you a good idea of what you can and can't do.

(You're scaring me with that 3500-4000 a day figure, that's why I'm saying 2500 lol)

3. Jamie9162

Jamie9162 New Member

I don't see any problems with the calorie amount you have been consuming. I would say stay at that calorie amount if you are trying to lose weight. But do not go any lower. Good luck!

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Active Member

You shouldn't rush weight loss. I started at 80 kg, and my target was about 2kg per week. One month later, I was 74 kg, which pretty much was my goal. You shouldn't expect major changes after the first few days, it doesn't work like that. Be patient, keep to your diet, add more hours to your exercise sessions weekly, and you'll reach your goal eventually. Good luck, and don't give up!