• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Beckham left out out Team GB

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by defelqy, Jun 27, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

For someone who has given so much to the game i can not see why David Beckham has been overlooked for Team GB. Now i'm not a Beckham fan essentially, but i do appreciate as a football fan what he has given to the game. Certainly in my lifetime. He is a world wide icon, instantly recognizable and some thing the Games would benefit from.
      Also give the fact he has been the government face at a lot of press events in the lead up to August and has been an ambassador for the games for a few years. His recent form or being injury form Stuart Pearce should of either picked him or left him off the short list.

Nothing short of terrible at the the way he has been treated

(No Homo)

2. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Beckham left out out Team GB

I agree , he did alot of good for us getting the 2012 games ,

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't ever think he was ever going to be a part of the team, putting his name out there was just a morale boost for the public and the Olympic committee!
      He's worth too much to whatever club he is playing for now. Wouldn't risk injury in the Olympic team!

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

You can't give him a place just because he's David Beckham. Give some youngun' a go.

It's an attitude like this that lands us with sh!t loads of young guys with no match experience.

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Giggs made the side didnt he? Ok Giggs still plays at a higher level then Beckham, but i would't say he's got any more quality than him. He played a major part in getting the Games to London, and Pearce hasn't even put him in the side

6. barquearnu

barquearnu Well-Known Member

Giggs and Beckham both deserve a place. I can't understand the Richards decision. He refused to be short listed for the Euro's apparently.

7. Mickel

Mickel Well-Known Member

boohoo

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. If he had been selected and played badly that they got knocked out quickly then people would complain that he was only included because of who he is. I fo one am glad that at least the selection committee are taking it seriously. Giggs had to be selected as he's still one of the best British Left wingers playing at the moment.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

I think Beckham will be pretty p*ssed off he hasn't been picked. Being released by his club to play in the tournament would not have been a problem at all. He was born in East London and as a final swan song it would have been perfect for him.

I agree with the whole 'he shouldn't just wall into the team mentality' that's where England went wrong with Rooney this month. The Olympics are different, the level of football is not as high as you would expect in today's leagues and although it would still be great experience for a young footballer i feel that that it can not really be compared

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Personally, and this being from a scots point of view

Stuart Pearce has robbed the united kingdom of seeing David Beckham playing on British soil again, he has robbed the other players the complete priviledge of sharing the pitch with the man and has only done it because he would be jealous.

Team GB and London 2012 will not be as good and as special without the guy. I'm pretty gutted

Tags: