• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Aspartame - What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fourmatic, Apr 10, 2013.

1. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

What is your opinion on Aspartame? I have heard/read a lot of conflicting arguments on the subject and I would like to hear what you guys think about it.

My feelings are that its probably somewhere in the middle from being great and terrible for you. I try to avoid it, especially lately because I've cut my diet coke habit by a lot.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I avoid aspartame because people I trust have said it should be avoided, backed up by studies. There is still a lot to learn about the harmful effects of aspartame but I'm convinced it isn't good for you.

The big manufacturing companies who use it have an infinite amount of money to fund biased studies on it.

3. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

I avoid it like the plague. I avoid consuming stuff that has been made in a lab, and everyone should too. While studies are somewhat contradictory on the matter whether or not it's bad for you. In general I try not eating or drinking anything that doesn't occur naturally, call me silly, but that's how I roll.

4. abetterme

abetterme Member

I haven't seen convincing evidence that there is any real problem with it so I drink it from time to time. I like diet Dr. Pepper once in a while and I don't see any problem with it. I don't mind things that are made in labs. All our drugs are formulated there and they have improved the quality of our lives and extended our life spans, so I say Yay! for laboratories. I am also for genetically modified foods because they have made feeding the world safer and easier. I know that won't be a popular opinion, most likely, but it's what I think is right.

5. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

Yeah this is where I am at. Its so hard to find evidence thats 100% one way or another. And it seems for every study that comes out about how its terrible, another comes out saying its nothing to worry about. I dont know who to trust, but it seems it would be better to cut it out completely and be better safe than sorry.