• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Anybody else currently above 20% BODY FAT, and can't even fathom ever reaching 15%?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by jailynn24hb, Sep 20, 2012.

1. FLEX

FLEX Well-Known Member

Anybody else currently above 20% BODY FAT, and can't even fathom ever reaching 15%?

I started at 30%+ as well.

I think it's pretty damn easy to get to 15% and not too difficult to get to the lower teens. But getting from the low teens to the single digits is ridiculously tough.

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Anybody else currently above 20% BODY FAT, and can't even fathom ever reaching 15%?

That's the nature of the beast and why most don't stick with body building seriously. My personal opinion is it would be counter productive to bulk at 21%. I've been in a similar situation after being laid up after several back surgeries over several years. Once I could I hit the gym and kept my diet the same and lifted as heavy as I could to regain strenth. Cleaned up the diet after that and ate at maintenence until progress slowed, then cut calories and stuck with it adjusting for weight loss. Got down to 190 at 13%. Started a slow bulk in the beginning of august after realizing it was just going to be next year before I had a six pack and certain areas were lagging too much to continue cutting.

I'm sure you realize it doesn't happen overnight no matter how bad we want it too. My opinion is that I wouldn't bulk until I was at 15% or below.

3. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I'm not even looking to make gains, just to lose my belly fat so I can see some abs..yes, losing weight and being on a cut sucks but being overweight sucks even more

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

thx buddy. i seriously do think my life will change, once i reach 15% body fat. so far, i've been on a deficit, and things have been going well. so i really can't complain. its just this mental barrier. currently i'm at around 212-213 lbs. breaking 200lbs will be my first challenge. if i EVER see 199 on the scale, i will literally shed a tear. i just can't remember EVER being below 200 lbs.

i'm 29 years old right now, so that's A LOT of time of being a fat ass. so my mind will be blown once i physically SEE 199 on the scale.

Here's my Plan so far. Lose between 1-3 lbs per week.

Lets assume 2 lbs per week weight loss:

TODAY: 212
      week 1: 210
      week 2: 208
      week 3: 206
      week 4: 204
      week 5: 202
      week 6: 200
      week 7: 198 (watershed moment) (Week beginning on NOVEMBER 11th)
      week 8: 196
      week 9: 194
      week 10: 192
      week 11: 190
      week 12: 188
      week 13: 186
      week 14: 184 (GOAL REACHED...reevaluate: continue cutting, or maintain before a Lean Bulk) (DECEMBER 31st)

^and that's assuming a 2lb per week weight loss! i'm pretty sure i'm only averaging 1.5 lbs loss per week, so that might take me LONGER than December!

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Last edited by Strong_1rd_Post; Today at 11:19 AM.

6. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Hey Serp, what is the highest deficit you ran and for how long?

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Good call putting a timeline on paper. For me atleast it helps keep me motivated and seeing the scale go down every week gives you the small wins you need to keep going.

8. Mickel

Mickel Well-Known Member

While it's good to set goals and write them down, you seem overly fixated on the scale. Remember, weight loss is not linear. You might not see the scale move for 2 weeks, then be down 5 lbs on the 3rd week. My advice to you is to weigh yourself once a week at the same time each day. I weigh myself every Fri morning right when I wake up and take a piss.

Go by the mirror and not the scale. Take monthly progress pics as well.