• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Anybody else currently above 20% BODY FAT, and can't even fathom ever reaching 15%?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by jailynn24hb, Sep 20, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

thread title

Most I've been was above 30% body fat. Currently at around 20/21% body fat.

Right now, I just can't even FATHOM reaching 15%, let alone below 15% (like 12 or 13).

I'm scared (SRS). I'm still in a deficit, and things are going ok so far. I'm just scared - because I've never done this before, and I'm afraid that it might not work (despite sticking to a calorie deficit, and lifting weights). So far, the weight has come off like clock work. What if I'm just born with a genetic defect, which does not EVER allow me to lose more fat, beyond 20%?

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Anybody else currently above 20% BODY FAT, and can't even fathom ever reaching 15%?

Lol I feel the same. I feel like I'll never reach my goal body or like how I look. Feelsbadanddepressingman

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Anybody else currently above 20% BODY FAT, and can't even fathom ever reaching 15%?

Just keep doing what you're doing until you stop losing weight. Make sure you recalculate your calorie needs as you drop weight to maintain deficit and weight loss. Slow is the best way to go with it in my opinion. You have all winter and spring before you hit the pool or beach so take advantage of it.

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

exactly, that's what i'm saying.

starting from around 30% body fat, and working your way down takes a toll on you...no matter what anyone thinks.

for instance, while i keep cutting...i see others in the gym who have made AMAZING gains from bulking. just sucks, because bulking seems like a dream to me. and right now, cutting is essential (especially since i'm 21% body fat). but i've always been around this weight pretty much ALL my life. so i can't even imagine, or dream, or even think about how its possible to cut until 12 or 13% body fat. its just retarded even thinking about it.

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Don't be scared... there is no such genetic defect. With patience and consistency, you WILL reach 15% (and lower if you desire).

Was ~ 25% at one point and it actually wasn't all that difficult to reach 15% thanks to the insightful information I found on this site.

6. Raleoxilevz

But bro. Lets be realistic here. I'm going to need AT LEAST 1 Long, Slow, Patient, Clean, Lean BULK before I look good. All this cutting is fun...but I really don't have much muscle underneath.

So even if I finish cutting at 185 lbs (and i'm probably going to have to cut further). I'm still going to have to do at least 1 long term, slow, steady BULK, before I can cut down to anything decent. So altogether, its going to take me another 2 years imo. and including this year, that's 3 years (i only started working out in January 2012 - one of my regrets not starting earlier).

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

starting goal for me 8 months ago was 36%, have gotten it down to 21.6% as of two days ago, this has given me serious motivation to get sub 15 ideally i wanna hit that by the end of the year but will not give up if goals are not complete by then. Keep on going, you can get it done, no one else will do it for you.

8. Raleoxilevz

You could always continue to cut for another 15lbs. If going slow that would be about 15 weeks. Then bulk from the end of January thru march before cutting again.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I hear you guys. I am in the same boat. I was 18%BF in 2009 and then stopped working out regularly and starting eating crap. Now I am at 23-24%BF with 170lbs. I am trying to get to 150lbs and 15%BF by christmas but challenging. I am restricting my calories and doing cardio and lifting. Lost 2 lbs in one week so thats motivating me. Just taking one day at a time

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Thats how i felt, started at high 30s, and the months and months go by where you make no gains because you are in a deficit, meanwhile everyone else is making gains and enjoying food. At least when you get it done, you dont ever have to worry about months....and months....and months...of cutting again.
      I would not wish having to lose a lot of fat on my worst enemy. IT SUCKS.

me= spent over a year in a deficit out of 2 years of lifting, killing myself pushing too hard. Take it easy, be positive and leave the gym at the gym, and the diet in the kitchen, take care of the other things in life so you mind isnt worn out.