• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Am I doing enough for legs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by crormaSoila18, Aug 6, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

I normally do like 40 mins cardio on cross trainer but on a setting that works legs aswell then I go into 3 sets off sqauts then leg press then maybe some lunges depending how I feel then some calfs I feel it but don't feel Im doing enough

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Am I doing enough for legs

Well, if you don't feel like you are doing enough then your probably not, I know when my legs have had enough because I can hardly stand up lol

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Your doing too much, your just not doing it hard enough.Does one set of squats, leave you in a crumpled mess,gasping for breath, and such intense pain you long for death? Thought not.

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

It's not how much you do it's how much effort you put into doing it. To be honest the phrase 'depending how I feel' doesn't suggest that you're committing yourself totally to this....

5. carmenkyle

carmenkyle Well-Known Member

What are you training for?

Forget the cardio on leg day.

I do front squat, then back squat, then hack squat then calf raise and there is no way im doing any cardio after that session.

Ps my front squat is only low weight warm up for the back squat and i finish with higher volume hack squat, main focus goes on back squat 5x5

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Tbf I do go hard and can hardly walk after legs start spasing out twitching and that I sqaut around 90kg which is heavy for me and leg press 230 after that I feel I can't do anymore CBa with leg extensions etc

7. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

so you can only be botherd training your top half of legs?? Dosnt make much sense to me, like only training triceps and not bothering with biceps

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Not picking on you in particular OP as 98% of the trainers I see in gyms don't train anywhere near hard enough. People do so love their comfort zone training....

9. Jemenony

Jemenony Well-Known Member

I don't even no many exercises for bottom part off legs I'm not really a great fan on legs just do it as it makes me feel good at the end off the week training every muscle group

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Your not doing enough.

Sack the cardio, do BB squats 3 x 10, Leg Press, 3 x 12, Leg ext 3 x 10, SLDL 3 x 8, hamstring curl 3 x 10.

Then giant set on calves (all excercises back to back, no rest) leg press calf raise 15 reps, standing calf riase 15 reps, seated calf raise 15 reps. Then rest 2 mins and repeat for another 2 circuits (3 total)

That should do it (it does for me )

Tags: