• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • (almost) 2 month BLSS progress. confused about body fat

Discussion in 'Training' started by crormaSoila18, Jul 24, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Okay, FML i just typed this long ass post but now i got to do it again because i accidentally refreshed the page and lost it. This is going to be long but i want to provide all the the details of my diet/workout.

Today i got my body fat tested using this device that you just hold in your hands out in front of you. I don't think it's very accurate because i got 5.8% and 5.9% the second time and i am pretty sure i am higher than that. BB.com is probably one of the best body fat predictors (other than maybe the Bod Pod) so what would you guys say my body fat % actually is?
      Frontrelaxed.jpg
      Siderelaxed.jpg
      Backdubbicep.jpg

Also how is my babylovers progress going? any critiques/tips?
      Here is some info
      First time lifting in my life, just before i started this i did tons of running and ate very little. It was unhealthy and i was 135lbs at the beginning of the summer. I was actually doing p90x for the first few weeks SO REALLY THIS IS JUST OVER A MONTH IN AN ACTUAL GYM. But since i was so weak i probably still got some decent gains with just p90x.

6'0" started at 141 lbs currently 155lbs
      lifts: start/current
      Bench- 95x5/130x5
      military press-70x5/95x5
      Barbell row -60x5/110x5
      Deadlift- 95x5/225x5
      have to use the fcking smith machine for squats -125x5/185x5 (i will soon be doing real squats when i get back to college)
      I have been doing optionals as well, bicep, triceps, chinups/pull ups, dips, shrugs,cable rows, db rear delt flys, and also lately leg press machine because i want to compensate for having to use the smith. All of these have been increasing well.

I work out 5 times a week. Monday Tuesday Wednesday Friday Saturday. seems to be working for me for now. I get plenty of rest 8+ hours (lately like 7 hours). I log everything i eat through MyFitnessPal, 95% clean. started with 3000 calories a day, just increased it to 3100. ~90 grams of fat ~330 grams of carbs ~225 grams of protein. I always hit my calorie and macro needs.

Thanks guys!
      also inb4didnotread.jpg

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

(almost) 2 month BLSS progress. confused about body fat

That thing you hold out in front of you isn't accurate at all. My friend got like 10% the first time but he was holding it really low. He moved it up so that his arms were parallel to the ground and he got 14.4. Just get a measuring tape and do it yourself

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

does your gym not have a squat rack?

your bf is around 12%.

keep doing BLSS.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

goodjob man, definate increases in mass; maybe try increasing the calories slightly if ur looking to put on more mass

5. Artguy

Artguy Well-Known Member

yeah i don't know, i held it parallel..? I heard other people using it and getting way off results as well so i didn't think it would be the accurate.

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't think it's accurate at all. I don't see how it can measure your body fat just by putting in your weight and height + holding it in out in front of you. Since that one day where my friend got 2 completely different answers from it I was just like dafuq

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

yeah i was thinking around 12% because i was around 10% when i started. And nope it a 24 hour gym, the owner said something about liability of people failing and getting stuck at 3am or something. doesn't make much sense though because a squat rack is designed to protect from that. but nothing i can do about it.

really? should i try 3200? My workouts are pretty intense and like 1 1/2 to 2 hours long so that was why i was thinking i should increase.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I think the knowledgeable posters guess on bb.com is more accurate than most tests. You are around 13%. For sure not 5% lol.

Try to get a squat rack.

Holy deadlift progression, hard to believe.

Good progress for 2 months.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

after a while ur metabolism will catch up and the weight gain will stall; best to bump up the cals slightly

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Well my college has a squat rack and i am going back in like 2 and a half weeks so i don't have to put up with the smith for much longer. I figured because i am so weak i could probably make some half decent gains on the smith for now.

Also yeah my grip can't even keep up with my dead lift, i try to do double overhand but today i had to do alternating grip with the 225lbs. I dunno what i am going to do about that.