• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • According to my friend Transgender is considered normal but a Bodybuilder is a Freak

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Gossip' started by laxgoaliesrhs, Sep 9, 2012.

1. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

My friend who is pretty liberal guy and even supports the rights of transgenders and calls them normal people who have the right to operate on their body, said that Bodybuilders are disgusting and abnormal freaks.

This is what he told me when I was reading Muscle and Fitness on my break. I was shocked that he would say that because the guy is liberal so you think he would pretty tolerant, I asked him why he thought they were freaks he said because they try to hard to be masculine and are living in the brutish caveman days.

He said he can't stand these type of guys who try to present a masculine image because it will make those who are gay or transgender feel bullied an alienated and that our society has evolved from those days and are accepting of men who are more feminine.

And no my friend is not gay he has a girlfriend or so he claims. I am just appalled that he would actually call them freaks, abnormal, and be intolerant of bodybuilders yet defend the rights of Transgenders.

So is this why bodybuilder won't be on ESPN, are bodybuilders really that disgusting to the regular person?

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

According to my friend Transgender is considered normal but a Bodybuilder is a Freak

its not on TV because everyone knows the drug use in the sport.

you know because there are no drugs in other professional sports at all...

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

According to my friend Transgender is considered normal but a Bodybuilder is a Freak

He's being judgemental and ignorant. Simple as that. I feel bad for your friend because he doesn't seem like the brightest guy.

Edit: The majority of persons who are attracted to the massive physiques that are bodybuilders are the gay community, btw.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

because compared to football, basketball, baseball (boring), and golf... bodybuilding doesn't have NEAR the following.. ppl on this site think that it's a lot more popular than it is.. but it really isn't.. and without the following, advertisers will not pay the millions for commercials.. it just wouldnt be profitable

5. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

He probably looks at a BBer and gets reminded of the typical juice head who thinks they hard as nails and sh!t... He wont know any different if he doesnt follow the sport though. But really you shouldnt judge if you dont know.

Each to their own

6. gabarit

gabarit Well-Known Member

It fuels the fire when you get all worked up about this. If I were you I'd just sort of chill and I'd just ask him quesitons if he really pushes the issue such as "how many pro bodybuilders do you know?" I'd also tell him from experience most of the 25 year old manlet fitness body types I know are far more "macho acting" than the actual very large bodybuilders I know. Actually the bodybuilders I know are pretty low key. Maybe ask him " I thought liberals were more tolerant why do you feel so strongly about this?"

I woudl just drop the subject or ask open ended questions that allude to him being retarded.

here are some life lessons for you though....

most conservates aren't that conservate and most liberals aren't that liberal. Some of the most christian conservatives I know are complete doughebags adn some of the most liberal democrats I know are the most judgmental people I've ever met.

As far as TV goes money walks and bullsh*t walks my man. I don't care if there are drugs in the sport or not if it was popular and peopel would watch it then it woudl be on TV. Bottom line is fitness is a huge industry but not than many poeple want to watch a bodybuilding contest. I am REALLY into the "sport" but I don't know if I would even watch it on TV. I only ordered teh olympia once when it was on pay-per-view. It's all about the $

My company works with espn to do internships and I can tell you the ratings from the spelling be CRUSHES old ratings from bodybuilding shows.

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

why in the fukk did you neg me over my opinion about branch warren. i was 100% honest and unbiased. yeah i'm proud that he's from texas but i truly believe he can win it. opinions are not right or wrong there just that; opinions. but i ain't gonna neg you back cause i don't hold grudges and two wrongs don't make a right. you need to grow up dude.

8. Bigsterm

Bigsterm Well-Known Member

Well I was gonna rep you for being brave enough to actually say you think branch could win it. But I've given out too much rep in last 24 hours.

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Being liberal doesn't mean you are open minded, for many people. It simply means you back up the popular social issues that aren't so popular with conservatives.

If you went to school in the U.S. then you can recall that in high school there were those douchebag "liberal" kids who were always adamant about protecting the environment, loved coffee, wore "expressive" clothes, were part of the LGBT, smoked, got tattoos and gauges, yet didn't like people who were different than they were, even if they shared the same political views. The same goes for the conservative douchebags in high school.

Being "liberal" or "conservative" is very much like being part of a clique for many people. Problem is, most of them feel self-righteous about it. My .02, find a friend who is liberal because they prefer liberal policy rather than being liberal because they enjoy benefiting from the social "prestige" of claiming to be liberal.

10. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Get smarter friends.