• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • A pro bodybuilder gave me this diet - is it any good? Help v much appreciated!

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hey guys I haven't posted in a long time (or much ever) but I'm getting back into things. I am 155lbs at 15% bodyfat, I am training 4-5 times per week with weights and I am going to introduce cardio - I have a treadmill and rower in my house - so I will probably do empty stomach cardio a few mornings per week.

OK so this diet came from a competing bodybuilder who some people will be aware of, I won't name him for now, but I just wanted to know at my weight and my level would this be too much for me - and will I get fat?

BREAKFAST:
      4 whole eggs, 4 pieces wholewheat toast, 6oz orange juice
      50mg b complex, 2000mg taurine

1 HOUR LATER:
      2 scoops whey protein, 12oz milk, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 green apple, 1 green tea

2 HOURS LATER:
      6oz chicken, 2 cups brown rice, 1 cup greens

2 HOURS LATER PRE-WORKOUT:
      2 scoops whey protein, 10gm glutamine, 10gm creatine, 2 kiwis, 2000mg taurine, 1000mg vitamin c, 50mg vitamin b complex, 1 green tea

TRAINING DRINK:
      4oz pineapple juice, 8oz water, 10gm glutamine, 10gm creatine, 3 tablespoons raw honey

POST-WORKOUT:
      6oz chicken, 9oz white potato, 2oz pomegranate juice, 1 green tea

1 HOUR LATER:
      2 slices wholewheat toast with jam, yoghurt, 1000mg vitamin c, 50mg vitamin b complex

2 HOURS LATER:
      4oz chicken 6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 green apple

2 HOURS LATER:
      80z steak, 8oz sweet potato, 1 cup steamed brocolli

BEFORE BED:
      40gm casein protein, 10gm glutamine, 5gm creatine, 1/4 cup raw walnuts & cashews
      50mg zinc, 1000mg calcium

NOTES:
      8 hours sleep every night, 20 min fast-paced walk on empty stomach in morning, hot bath with epsom salts every 2nd night

It's extreme - but what do y'all think?

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

A pro bodybuilder gave me this diet - is it any good? Help v much appreciated!

Seems kinda crap, plus you haven't listed any macros etc

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

What does that mean exactly? I personally thought it was a lot of carbs but it's certainly worked for him.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

wtf lul. Dont do that. Your pro bodybuilder friend is an idiot. Read the stickies and find your macros

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Which part? 30g of glutamine daily? Lulz

Macros = p/c/f - how much of each

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

How do you know if it's a lot of carbs if you never listed the amount of carbs (g).

7. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Tbf unless you PAID him to make you a diet plan, all he should of done is worked out how many cals you need to eat to cut/bulk or whatever your current goal is, and told you to get 1g of protein per IB of weight, 0.4g of fats, and to eat the foods you like hit reach those targets, making sure you eat enough whole foods to hit your micro needs

8. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Well I know because it is more carbs than I usually use/need. Generally my diet is measured by cups for instance dinner would be:

1 average sized fillet of chicken/beef/salmon (organic and free range), 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup of greens i.e. asparagus and brocolli.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

You don't need that much whey protein.

if you're 155 pounds, just eat and lift.

10. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

lol