• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 800 Calorie deficit

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Korporalegq, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Would a 800 calorie deficit be safe to lose fat and preserve muscle? I am 5 foot 5,about 145-147 pound 17 year old. I lost about 28kg over the last 10 months (60plus pounds). i mostly acheived this through calorie restriction and lots of cario. i am desperate to get my body fat down..I am eating low carb (under 20g) with high fat/protein. my maintenance is around 2,300 and I am thinking about cutting to 1,500 (slightly below BMR).

Any advice please?

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

you're 17 and weight 145 lbs, and if you're not even remotely happy with how you look, it's likely you're lacking a lot of muscle. you did a lot of cardio and looks like hardly any lifting...best thing to do now is start gaining some weight SLOWLY, and cut again later. i weight 146-147 lbs right now, but i've also been lifting since i started cutting, as well as having a couple years of on/off lifting in my favor. gain weight slowly for a couple months or so, cut cals later. trust me.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

post a pic, you might be skinnyfat.
      Unless you are chubby, and not just thinking you are...id eat slightly above maintenance and pack on some muscle.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

Nice job on the weight loss. Considering you're a female, lifting cutting and bulking aren't as applicable. You've done well so far and to me 1500 doesn't seem excessively low for your stats. I'd say go for it for a few weeks and adjust based on the results you see. Good Luck.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

you know not of what you speak. shut up.

edit: OP, i wasn't aware you were female, so i'll say that you could afford to go down more in weight and be healthy, but you REALLY need to start resistance training...idk how many dozens of times i've explained to different females that lifting beats out cardio in EVERY aspect of having an attractive body, with a diet that's in order as well, so i'll just say that unless you want to end up flabby with no real shape to your body, go ahead and cardio your way to thinness. girls that lift weights look like they could be strippers, girls that only do cardio look like they were crack heads at some point in their life.

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

Why would that be? I think it's equally applicable to men and women, and that a woman choosing not to lift is missing out on the same opportunity to improve her body composition that a man is. Skinny fat doesn't look any better on a woman.

I do agree though that 1500 is quite reasonable, with adequate macros.

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

ok...perhaps you are right, but for most women I'm not sure if "putting on mass" is something they'd like to do.

8. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

Don't worry, you won't become a bodybuilder.

9. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

Right... most females turn into the Hulk overnight as soon as they start lifting

10. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

800 Calorie deficit

that's b/c the term 'mass' implies big bulkiness. even adding one pure pound of muscle is 'putting on mass'. girls are way more afraid to gain weight than males...social stigma. but i guarantee if every average looking female in the american society right now gained 10-15 lbs of pure muscle, they would not look like a roid head in the SLIGHTEST, and they would also look much MUCH sexier. most girls don't understand that lifting weights and gaining mass (the correct way, the way WE can teach you) will not have you looking like an amazonian wrestler...it will have you looking like a 'sexy b*tch'.