• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 6 months of hard work.. now trying a bulk are my calories enough for a good bulk?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Raleoxilevz, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

6 months of hard work.. now trying a bulk are my calories enough for a good bulk?

I agree with Pug, maybe you should try lifting at a calorie deficit for the time being.

Having said that, you have gained ~1lb a week which I would say is good work for your aim and you have researched and understood the stickies... I just think you would look better if you cut a bit first. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to reach a cutting goal if you have approached it the same way you've approached the bulk.

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

6 months of hard work.. now trying a bulk are my calories enough for a good bulk?

One other question as a person either looses weight or gains as a result of gaining muscle or not do you then have to change your daily requirements?

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

You be more disappointed at the muscle:fat ratio you gain at your current bodyfat% during a bulk. The amount of muscle you will put on in 30 days, is neglegable anyhow. I would take a two week maintenance break from dieting, reassess calorie needs and troop on. Don't expect to be able to add strength at any good clip while cutting weight either. Focus on maintaining the weight on the bar, progress when you can....don't force it.

Adjust calories and expectations. Profit.

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Your calorie requirements change based on a host factors. Weight is one. That is why you need to adjust to results. When you stall out or fat loss slows, cut some cals.