• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 1,000,001 Keto Questions (#whatupcelorza)

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by emininojiq, Aug 25, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about switching to Keto. Right now I'm having low, moderate and high-carb days depending on the muscle group worked that day. I'm 180 down from 280 and terrified of water weight. I don't know why. But I'm finally in a healthy place with carbs, mentally. I want to try a keto diet just to switch it up and keep the fat loss going, but I have a few concerns. The carbs I eat now can puff me up a LITTLE on leg or back day, but I don't sweat it... what I'm worried about is if I go on a keto diet for 8 or 12 weeks, when I come back, and all the water, too (1g of carbs holds 3g of water), will I look drastically different? Here are a few questions...

- Refeeds, how many grams of carbs should I eat once a week?

- Can keto be done for 8-12 weeks only? Over at another forum which shall not be named, they complain a lot about 'brahs' who think keto is anything but a lifestyle. I don't want to do it for life.

- When stopping a keto diet and adding normal amounts of carbs again, how do you do this without immediately covering the abs you just un-covred with water?

There'll be a lot more that I was pondering today, but cannot remember right now. So let's start with these.

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

1,000,001 Keto Questions (#whatupcelorza)

1g of carbs doesn't hold 3g of water.

Refeeds have to be either in 1 or 2 days but totalling at least 700g of carbs IMO...

You come back from Keto by Reverse Dieting, which means adding back kCals by 100-200 kCals per week in the matter of carbs if you so wish, and slowly getting back to maintenance.

Abs will stay there given that you have them, as long as you keep BF constant. Water weight is nothing to be worried about, if you are concerned about water weight at normal dieting again, just pop EC stack some 4 weeks with good cardio and voila no water...

Yes you can remain on keto longer but it is not really needed, though if you would like to do so...many people here are low carbers and are not experiencing any problems keeping it that way year round. Some of them might crave cereal all day, and cry when we mention Cocoa Pebbles or so, but they cope.

Stop being paranoid, let your skin tighten also, as a former fatty too, I can tell yah it will take a while for it to tighten and show the abs better.

3. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

So coming off keto if I don't run EC for four weeks or whatever, if I just slowly start adding carbs, will I look drastically different? I just don't want to look at myself on the very last day of my keto diet, look awesome, then realize that it's not maintainable once going back to eating carbs.

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

...the EC suggestion is for ANYTIME you feel you are holding water. Realistically you are trying to force yourself into abs...what I mean is that a little normal water weight shouldn't be a concern if your BF is low enough. Do your keto diet, lose more bf and reverse diet like I mentioned. You have to understand you are still time away from getting the perfect chiseled abs if you are at this point...it's a struggle and it is annoying, but slow and steady you will lose a bit more body fat (hence hold less subcutaneous water) and let your skin tighten little by little with time. No other way around it.

Carbs will not puff you away into looking fat for longer than 2-3 hours or a good night's sleep...keep the cardio up and drink a lot of water always, keto or regular dieting, and that way you can keep water weight under control. Like I said, stop worrying, this takes time.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Sorry, man, I can't help it. I never thought I'd ever see my abs a year ago and now they're just starting to peek through and say hello and I doooooon't want to scare them away. I guess I'll keto this b*tch for a while.

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Before you take an individual's opinion on how to construct your diet and refeeds why not actually read up on the Ketogenic Diet for yourself. A Google search will likely find you free copies of the KD, the CKD, The Ultimate Diet 2.0 and Bodyopus.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Are BodyOpus and UD2.0 ketogenic diets? Also what's cyclical about a CKD? It seems like they just stay in ketosis, then refeed once a week. Isn't that just a KD?

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

OMG!

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, Lord, I done goofed...

What happened? What'd I do? :-/

10. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Yeah that is true, I should have mentioned that personal research would be best for building his diet. Not to mention experimentation too :/...Thanks David!