• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Should i do Starting Strength? Squat,bench,deadlift to get great body? . Please help.

Discussion in 'Training' started by parnassto, May 14, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Okay guys well i been working out since december and i was 105 now i'm 122 i'm 5'7. But it was mostly isolation not really squatting and deadlifts just bench and arms shoulders etc what you see everyone in the gym doing now but due to school i did these workouts in the weekend friday saturday and sunday.

Since summer is coming up, i would like to take the opportunity to go to the gym on a set schedule M/W/F or at least 3 days a week, I squat 115 7 times, good form i had a guy watch me. i dead lift 95 probably could do more if i really tried, haven't really tried dead lifting. and i bench 95 probably 6 times, 105 maybe 4 - 5 with spotter. I love squatting and the gains i had so far before i could barley squat and bench the BAR ALONE! So even though my numbers are nothing to brag about it's good gains to me.

I was told, that isolation are a waste of time since im skinny and weak compared to the other guys in the gym, i curl 25s lol.

So if anyone can help me come up with a schedule that involves Squat Deadlift Bench and will help get my arms stronger, my arms are my weakest part compared to the bigger lifts. My tricep skullcrusher went from 20 bb bar to 40, but i dont know. I would like to gain a lean muscle and not just get big i want it to show and get my numbers up. My bench has been stuck at the same number for about maybe a month or two! With dumbells i can do db press with 30s.

My goal is to be maybe 145?

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Should i do Starting Strength? Squat,bench,deadlift to get great body? . Please help.

Starting strength sucks balls. Strength routines in general suck for bodybuilding. Seriously, show me one beginner who's made good gains from Starting Strength / strength routines.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Should i do Starting Strength? Squat,bench,deadlift to get great body? . Please help.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

4. akabiceps

akabiceps Well-Known Member

How often do you lift bro?
      Nutrition, water, and sleep also affect your results. Keep pushing yourself and the weight. I'd suggest doing 3x5 for all 3 of your exercises. Start big to small. Bench, Deadlift, Then do whatever. Switch up Deadlift and Squat on different days. I can send you a program I've used that made by Bench increase by 5 lbs and Deadlift by 10 lbs just about every 3-4 weeks. No matter, you will still come out of the plateau and gain results.

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

What would your reccomend i do?

6. yuklog291

yuklog291 Well-Known Member

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Please and thank you, i would really appriciate it, btw if thats you at 130 in your pic, your ripped man! Good work! I hope one day to reach a body like that

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Lyle Mcdonalds bulking routine. Upper/lowers in general are good. Or a full body routine like All Pros

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I've heard of All Pro's have you done it? Is it effective?