• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Can physical exercise help with mental health issues?

Discussion in 'Training' started by admin, Jan 18, 2024.

1. admin

admin Administrator

While great for physical exercise, an early morning walk helps me in so many other ways

Planning Your Day Ahead

1. Mental Clarity: The quiet of the early morning is a great time for reflection. With fewer distractions, you can think more clearly and organize your thoughts.

2. Setting Priorities: As you walk, you can mentally review your to-do list and prioritize tasks. This helps you start the day with a clear plan and a sense of direction.

3. Problem-Solving: Walking stimulates brain function and can help you think through challenges or problems more effectively. The increased blood flow and oxygen to the brain during physical activity can enhance cognitive functions.

4. Mindfulness: Walking allows you to practice mindfulness. By focusing on your breath, the rhythm of your steps, and your surroundings, you can centre yourself and approach your day with a calm and focused mind.
      My Routine
      Here’s a glimpse of my morning routine:
      1. Wake up early: I try to get up around 6 AM.
      2. Hydrate: Drink a glass of water to kickstart my metabolism.
      3. Walk for 30 minutes: I head out to a nearby park and enjoy the tranquillity.
      4. Reflect and plan: During my walk, I think about my goals for the day, any meetings or tasks I need to prioritize, and even brainstorm ideas for ongoing projects.
      By the time I get back, I feel refreshed, clear-headed, and ready to tackle the day!

Share Your Thoughts
      Have any of you experienced similar benefits from morning walks? Do you have any tips or routines that help you start your day on the right foot? Let’s discuss it!

Cheers to healthier minds and productive days!

2. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

I agree with you that physical exercise can be incredibly beneficial for mental health. It's great for relieving stress and boosting mood. However, I think it might not be a complete solution for everyone, especially for those with more severe mental health issues who might need additional support like therapy or medication.

I suppose we are all different in what works best for us.

3. admin

admin Administrator

Hi @Newstarter

I thought it might be useful to list some places where people can seek advice about mental health:-

US:
      1. National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Provides support groups and resources.
      2. Mental Health America (MHA): Offers information, screening tools, and community programs.
      3. BetterHelp and Talkspace: Apps for online therapy.
      UK:
      1. Mind: Offers support and advice for mental health issues.
      2. Samaritans: Provides 24/7 emotional support.
      3. NHS Mental Health Services: Accessible through your GP for various support options.
      Hope this helps!