• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Your recipe for healthy breakfast

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zest, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

Please, share with me your ideas for healthy breakfast. I haven't read much about it :(

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I think the ideal recipe for a healthy breakfast is eggs. Eggs are very good for you and the ultimate fast food, good for when you are in a rush in the morning (like most people). I like having an omelette with vegetables and leftover meat or cheese for breakfast.

3. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

My healthy breakfast is boiled egg whites and veggies. I eat that every morning to start my day off. If I have time to spare then I make a egg omelet.

4. chea

chea Member

My breakfast is oats in water with brown sugar and a protein shake, everyday.

5. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

I read in a football (soccer) magazine that if you're going to be doing exercise that day (or training/a game etc) then scrambled eggs is the best breakfast to have due to its high protein and energy content.

On work days I start with a basic cereal but on training/match days it's always scrambled egg.

6. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

When I try to eat healthy in the morning I will scramble some eggs and eat a banana and maybe add some meat. I like this combination because it gets me satisfied and ready for the day. Cereal is good too but I have to eat it along with something to get myself full.

7. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

A typical breakfast for me is

1. 1 cup oats
      2. 2 scoops whey or 8 egg whites ( depending on how much time I have to eat )
      3. Fruit ( an apple, banana, grapefruit or blueberries typically )
      4. 24oz water
      5. Vitamin pack ( Currently using Animal Pak )

8. musclemad

Eggs whites? What about the yolk? The yolk is the most nutritional part of the egg. I suppose you take it out because you are under the illusion saturated fat is bad for you. In fact, the egg white is more likely to cause problems than the yolk. Eat the yolk and omit the white ;).

9. musclemad

Cereal is not good for you. Probably the worst breakfast you could eat! Cereal is devoid of nutrients and it will spike your blood glucose, your energy will slump when your blood glucose falls back down before lunch.

We haven't evolved to eat cereals, we started eating cereals recently in human history.

10. Ryder13

Ryder13 Member

I am just wondering about the negative comment on cereal. Does it not depend on the specific cereal? I know some of them are just too high for sugar but are there not some that would be okay, like grains and fiber? I would also guess going with lower fat milk like two or one percent would be better.
      Actually my own choice for breakfast is generally whole grain bread or roll, maybe a banana, coffee and sometimes a glass of OJ. Oatmeal every other day or so.

Ryder13