• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Working in a gym

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raleoxilevz, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Am curious, do you need any sort of qualifications like a level 2 gym instructor thing? are there any other prerequisits?

any information would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

Most chain gyms would require you to have some PT qualification (typically level 3 or above) but for a 'hardcore' gym doubt it.

I mean, unless you want to be a cleaner in a gym then no you don't need quals!

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

yes u do need quals as far as i'm aware. Gym instructor or PT x x

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

ok thanks for replies, so a level 2 is pointless or do you have to do that to be able to do level 3?

yeah the gym im training at now is pretty hardcore and yeah i dont think a qualification is necessary but they dont need anymore staff atm

Im a student atm so a cleaner isn't off the cards

may sound like a silly question but do you think being in shape or hench will help or not?

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

i think it's more dependant on your quals

but if youre a PT for example, people might be more inclined to book sessions with u if u look better? x x

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

every PT ive ever seen either looked like a normal person, or just fit with low bodyfat. Never ever seen anyone bodybuilder-esque working in a commercial gym. Maybe thats just me. Commercial gyms suck anyway, get a different job that pays more money.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

If you're trying to get a job in a 'hardcore' gym then yea but with them gyms it's more who you know than anything. Getting pally with the owner/manager will help. I reckon level 3 is the standard like which is unfortunate since a lot of people out there who know better than actual level 3 PT's have to shed out loads just for a piece of paper.

If it's a chain gym, why not ask if you can do some volunteer work for them? I did that with an old gym I trained at, all I had to do was clean some mats, set up mats for a play group in the morning and I got a free gym pass for doing something like 2 hours volunteer work a week. Will help a lot for when applying for a job there.

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

Yes you need to do a level 2 before you can do level 3 but some places will also make you do a level 1 before doing your level 3. Some gyms will take you on while your doing your course and some will even pay for it. And I think you would feel more confident if you were in good shape dont really think people would want to take advice of a little skinny guy about building muscle etc and will also look good to your employers that you know what your talking about and keep in shape

9. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

Last edited by huge monguss; Today at 02:33 PM.

10. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Working in a gym

mate , i know someone who works in a hardcore gym and he isnt the brightest if u know what i mean , therefore i doubt u need quals

Tags: