• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Why am I LOSING WEIGHT?????? serious problem - need help

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by laxgoaliesrhs, Apr 26, 2012.

1. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I've been stuck at 160 pounds male and 6'0 and I have never been consistent with my nutrition so i found a program on the computer that allows me to keep track of the calories I take in. Again, I am 160 pounds, and it suggested that I gain a pound a week by taking in 3100 calories a day. I have been doing so but I checked my weight today and it was actually at 156! I seem to be losing weight but I have been sticking to eating 3100 calories a day for the past 5 days. It hasn't been long but I woke up and was shocked when i looked at the scale today. In the past I would just stuff myself constantly and it seemed to work at times I would go up to 165 pounds but i strongly doubt I was eating as much and as often as I have been since I have been using this program. So why am I losing weight?????? its only been 5 days since i started this program but now I am completely nervous to keep going on it

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Why am I LOSING WEIGHT?????? serious problem - need help

uhhh yeah, give it more than 5 days man.

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

yeah no doubt, but why would I in anyway or form start going LOWER on the scale? even if it is only short-term?

4. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

What does your plan look like (types of foods, etc)? What exercise are you doing? How active are you throughout the day? How much water are you drinking? Do you weight yourself at the same time each day?

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Your age?

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

maybe you change your food diet type with lower sodium content.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

@rand18m I am 19
      and if you scroll down a little here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/scot...g-program.html
      that is my workout plan I follow EXACTLY (except the cardio)
      My meal plan is this for most days with the occasional cheat meal (wendys/mcdonalds) -
      Wake up:eat 3 hard boiled eggs + 2 egg whites + protein mixed with low fat milk - calories = 1106
      lunch: protein shake + low fat milk, tuna + cottage cheese, 4 tbsp of peanut butter + another protein shake with low fat milk (usually this is after my workout) - calories = 1470
      dinner: Chicken breast + casein protein shake wit low fat milk + 2 tbsp of peanut butter for 730 calories
      a combined total of 3306 for the day
      should I be having a lot more ??????

EDIT: I drink plenty of water (6-7 glasses) and weigh myself as soon as i wake up every day! The only activity I have is working out but I am not a lazy person, I barely sit around I am always moving doing something but no heavy activity besides working out...
      Thanks for the fast reply guys this forum is great!

8. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Weight loss is not linear, meaning if you eat 3500 cals under maintenance one day you will not magically be 1 pound lighter the next morning. Weight loss fluctuates, give it another 2 weeks and see where you are at. If you are still losing or not changing then you have to eat more, its that simple.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Calories - 3306
      Protein - ?
      Fats - ?
      Carbs - ?

I also think you are overestimating your calories drastically. Eg:
      3eggs, 2egg whites, 1scoop protein, low fat milk = 1106? I'd say more around 500-600.

10. addme

addme Well-Known Member

Ummm..... why are you losing weight? You are eating less calories than you are burning... it's not rocket science.. eat more. And to accurately gauge your weight you need about 3 weeks of weighing in to find out if your plan is working.