• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What muscle group benefits the most from being trained x2 every week?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fa2nzg, Sep 2, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

What muscle group do you train x2 during your split and why? I train back twice during my split because I concentrate 1 day on upper back and 1 day on lower back. Additionally, I feel my back was neglected when I first started training because it isn't a show muscle and it is more difficult to see in the mirror. I also concentrated more and bench press and squats. Now that I understand its importance, especially if I ever end up doing a show, I hit it hard. I feel I should also do legs x2 a week but that is more difficult because it gets in the way of doing cardio. So I do legs on Saturday and take off on Sunday. What does everyone else do?

2. akabiceps

akabiceps Well-Known Member

What muscle group benefits the most from being trained x2 every week?

I train everything twice every 8 days right now. 3 on 1 off. I have done 2 on 1 off recently with occasionally hitting 4 straight. So hitting everything 3 times in 7-8 days. Ever since ive started low volume high frequency ill never do one day per week or real high volume again. Low vol high freq makes you a recovery machine and you grow and progress in strength so fast.. my lats and legs have blown up since starting this. Right now my split is moderate vol high freq. Most sets i hit in a day for a body part is 9 for chest and quads. 6 for bavk width 6 for thickness. 4 sets for delts and 2 sets rear delts on back day. 4 direct for tris, 6 for bis.. 2 for calves.. 4 for hams.. 4-6 for traps.. love it. When im doing 2 on 1 off i hit 3 sets for most body parts. always varying rep ranges, 4-6, 8-12, 12-15. A lot of higher level bbers believe in this and i was skeptical until i tried it.

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in trying your split ajordana is there somewhere I could get a little more info. Thanks

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Legs. The only body part I hit twice a week (other than abs) is legs.

I work one body part each day - six parts, one week rotation followed by a day off - back, legs, triceps/abs, shoulders, legs, biceps/abs, chest - day off.

I change my routine every 3 months or so.

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Ill go inti detail for you brother. Which are you interested in? The 2 on 1 off or 3 on 1 off? Choose depending on if you are currently bulking or cutting and keep recovery in mind. The 2 on 1 off you are basically never sore and you train to induce hyperteophyto allow growth, not to destroy the muscle. With the 3 on 1 off im doing while bulking right now and like i said its a little more volume each workout, im usually a tad bit sore the next day but still you arent going in with intention to destroy the muscle and cause a long recovery time. The muscle grows and has protein synthesis to it for 48-72 hrs post working out, so optimal is to induce enough hypertrophy to cause the protein synthesis to take place (growth) but not go so hard on the muscle that it isnt completely recovered by then. The 48-72 hr window is why one the 2 on 1 off i sometimes repeat the 2 days twice in a row before a day off.

6. remstation

Braw16, StrongLyfe

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

That's very interesting Ajordana!
      Do have a workout printout for that 3 on 1 off training. I'm ready to change things up and start a bulk this week

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

None. Training every muscle group once per week is more than enough for me to grow but I like to do abs 2-3 times a week along with hyper-extensions.

9. remstation

Nope but i will write it out for ya! Ill just to ahead and lay out the 3 on 1 off, if anyone wants the 2 on 1 off let me know, its a little more complicated when you read it but once you do itwith its easy to understand and itis works phenomenally, i will rotate between these 2 routines probably from now on, and ill always do the 2 on 1 off while cutting, it is perfect while cutting. I gained size and strength during my whole cut last time. But anywaya.. here is the 3 on 1 off:

Day 1: chest/shoulders/tris
      Flat bench, 1 set of 4-6, 1 set of 6-8, 1 set of 8-12. Dropping weight each set to meet reps
      Weighted dips: 3 sets same rep scheme
      Decline barbell/decline DB/incline (i rotate) 3 sets same rep scheme
      Seated dumbbell shoulder press 1 set 4-6 reps, 1 set 8-12
      Side lateral raises both arms 6-8 reps
      One arm side lateral raises 1 set 12-20 reps each side
      Skullcrushers 2 sets 8-15 reps
      Tricep pushdowns 2 sets 8-15 reps
      Total: 17 sets

Day 2: back width/thickness/rear delts/traps
      Rack pulls: 1 set 4-6 reps, 1 set 6-8, 1 set 8-12 lowering weight each set
      Barbell/dumbbell rows (rotate each w/o): same rep scheme
      Wide grip/close grip lat pull downs (rotate each w/o): same rep scheme
      Medium grip/ close grip seated cable rows (rotate each w/o): same rep scheme
      Rear delt raise seated: 1 set 6-8 reps, 1 set 10-15 reps
      Barbell/dumbbell shrugs (rotate each w/o): 1-2 sets 6-12 reps
      Upright rows: 1-2 sets 8-12 reps
      Total sets: 16-18

Day 3: quads/hams/calves/bis
      Squats: 1 set 4-6, 1 set 6-8, 1 set 10-15
      Angled leg press full ROM: same rep scheme
      Leg extension: same rep scheme
      Lying leg curls: 2 sets 6-10
      Seated leg curls 2 sets 6-10
      Seated calf raise: 1 set 15+
      Standing calf raise: 1 set 10-15
      Dumbbell curl: 1 set 4-6, 1 set 6-10
      Hammer curls: 1 set 4-6, 1 set 6-10
      Concentration curls:2 1 set 4-6, 1 set 8-15
      (Only 30-45 second rests between each set for biceps)
      Total sets: 21

Day 4: off

Repeat

This is what ive been doing for about 2 weeks now and im loving it. My flat bench has been stuck for a while and still is but everything else is progressing fast.. my legs and back have blown up as well. An example of sone strength gains in the past 2 weeks.. i just started doing rack pulls agaib when starting this routine and so far have increased by 90 lbs on them. Squats up 20-25 lbs. Barbell rows up about 10 lbs. Weighted dips up about 5 lbs plus a rep or 2. So everything is going nicely.. started this coming off a cut, began at 209 and weighed 228.8 today after a cheat meal yesterday, so without the cheat meal water probably about 225. So its definitely not hindering weight gain lol, no fat gain as calipers still reading same measurements.

Obviously if you prefer to not have back and leg day back to back you can switch the order of the days to accommodate your preferences. Personally i like this order and i havent had any trouble having them back to back. But if you guys normally only train a muscle once per week and demolish itto every time, give a split like this a try.. you won't be sorry.

10. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Braw16