• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What is the most amount of weight you've lost in a small period of time?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Zonezan, Nov 9, 2012.

1. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Well done for quitting smoking. I used to smoke when I was a teenager but I found quitting quite easy, the first few weeks are difficult but after that it is easy.

What did you do in terms of training and nutrition to build all that muscle?

2. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

Thanks. I must admit, quitting smoking wasn't really hard for me either, but I quit a lot of other things along with it, so it was just a drop in the ocean, so to speak.

I started with cardio 4 days a week and callisthenics 7 days a week, eating loads of proteins in the form of boiled eggs, fish and chicken. Loads of steamed vegetables, rice occasionally. In general it was a low carb, low fat diet, rich on protein. After a couple of months of that routine I started lifting on a regular basis, kept the diet, changed the exercise routine and I also started hiking a lot.

3. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I lost around 17 lbs in 10 days while I was doing a slow carb diet. Keeping in mind this was probably wasn't that much fat however. I wouldn't recommend it but the first few weeks of a slow carb diet can really boost your confidence.

4. abetterme

abetterme Member

I lost 12 pounds in one week but I fasted for one day. The rest of the time it was a low carb diet and I was very active at the time.

5. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Calisthenics are really good for building muscle as you are moving your body through space and this maximises neuromuscular activation. You will have also gained from the 'noob' effect.

Hiking is another great exercise, we should all try to walk as much as possible. Where do you hike?

Your diet looks good, except for the low-fat part.

6. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

Indeed, I attribute most of my gains to the noob effect, in fact.
      I don't live in the US so I doubt you've heard of the places I go hiking. Regardless it's mostly mountainous terrain and rough forest trails, I'm blessed with living within a comfortable driving distance of 4 mid sized solo mountains and one huge mountain range. There's even a small forest in a walking distance from my apartment where I take walks if I have time during week days.
      As for my diet, what's wrong with low fat? I still consume fats, but just a lot less than I used to, and about half of what average people consume.

7. bsge11

bsge11 Member

I lost maybe about 5 or 10 lbs in a week. But I was actually sick and never really ate a whole lot. I think I had some stomach flu or something.