• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What could be the problem?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by AnnaU93, Mar 24, 2013.

1. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I have recently noticed that for quite a while I have had problems with having low energy because I would get tired much quicker than usual from not even doing much which really started to worry me. I also have some kind of white little marks on a few nails and a doctor of mine said that I don't have enough iron in my body.
      I thought this was very strange because I eat a lot of salads that contain spinach leaves which are extremely high in iron.

Have you ever had the same issue and what are your thoughts on this in general?

2. lalucien

lalucien Active Member

Hiya, your doctor is probably right about the iron. Are you a vegetarian or vegan. Most of my mates who are have to take iron supplements because they are not getting enough as they would from when they were eating meats. Also a lot of people associate white spots on nails with calcium deficiencies.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I am actually not a vegetarian and I eat meat in moderation. I might have to look into iron supplements. Thanks for the tip!
      As for the nails it seems like I have been recommend to drink a lot more milk. I hope this will help.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

You are probably eating too many carbohydrates and rely on sugar for energy.

Too many carbohydrates would be around 50g per day for someone who is not engaged in intense training.

The key to sustainable energy is having a fat-burning metabolism, this can be achieved by cutting carb intake and increasing fat intake, natural fats from animals, coconuts etc.

5. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

Thank you very much!
      I am definitely going to start changing my diet (as I have already started doing so).
      I realized that over the years I really do rely on sugar and caffeine to get my energy throughout the day and unfortunately it is just runing my health at this point.
      Thank you again for the advice! Very much appreciated.