• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Understanding Supersets - A Workout Technique for Efficient Training

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Gossip' started by Toneup, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Toneup

Toneup Well-Known Member

Hello fellow forum members,

I've been hearing a lot about "supersets" in the fitness world lately and wanted to learn more about them. Can someone please explain what a superset is and how it can benefit my workouts?

From my research, I understand that a superset is a training technique where you perform two exercises back-to-back with little to no rest in between. These exercises are typically targeting different muscle groups, allowing you to work multiple muscle groups in a more efficient and time-saving manner. For example, you could pair a chest exercise with a back exercise, or a bicep exercise with a tricep exercise.

One common type of superset is an "antagonistic superset" where you pair exercises that work opposing muscle groups, such as biceps and triceps, chest and back, or quads and hamstrings. Another type is a "compound superset" where you pair exercises that target the same muscle group but from different angles or with different variations.

Supersets are often used to increase the intensity of a workout, challenge the muscles in new ways, and save time during a workout session. They can be a great way to add variety to your routine and break through plateaus.

However, like with any training technique, supersets may not be suitable for everyone. They can be intense and may not be ideal for beginners or those with certain health conditions. It's important to start with lighter weights and focus on proper form when incorporating supersets into your routine, and always listen to your body.

I'm curious to hear from other forum members about their experiences with supersets. Have you tried incorporating supersets into your workouts? What are your thoughts on this training technique? Let's discuss and share our insights.

2. Metribolone

Metribolone Member

Man supersets are tough but have always been worth it in my opinion. My favorite superset are 10 reps on bench press followed immediately by 10 reps of push ups. After a couple sets of these you’re sure to be sore tomorrow.

3. admin

admin Administrator

How often do you do your supersets?

4. Metribolone

Metribolone Member

Honestly just whenever I feel like I have more left in me

5. MuscleMachinist

MuscleMachinist New Member

A superset is a training technique where you perform two exercises back-to-back with little to no rest in between, targeting different muscle groups. Supersets can increase workout intensity, challenge muscles in new ways, and save time. However, they may not be suitable for everyone. It's important to start with lighter weights, focus on proper form, and listen to your body. In addition to exercise, consuming omega-3 and maintaining healthy blood pressure levels are also essential for overall health and fitness.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    6. admin

admin Administrator

Do you have an exercise plan you could publish on the forum? I think some members will find it a useful starting point for their own plans.

7. FT Mike

FT Mike Active Member

Thank you for sharing your knowledge about supersets. You are correct that supersets can be a great way to increase the intensity of a workout and save time. I have personally used supersets in my workouts and have found them to be effective in challenging my muscles in new ways. However, as you mentioned, it's important to start with lighter weights and focus on proper form to avoid injury. It's also important to vary your workouts and not rely too heavily on any one training technique. I look forward to hearing from other forum members about their experiences with supersets.

Tags: