• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • So, I decided to start early to get into a habit, calorie in/out weight loss wise.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by suighja, May 3, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

is at snails pace?

I figured I would start the calorie watching today, just so I can get into a habit of it. And this was my calorie intake for the day:

2 Eggs (140 Calories)
      2 Bread/Toast (without butter/anything) (130 calories)
      Hotpocket (460 calories)
      PB Sandwich (around 330 calories)
      1 Pepsi (300 calories)

Total: 1360
      Limit: 1545 Calories

Yeah, I know, not the healthiest food, but I am focusing on calories in/out.
      And I know pepsi = bad, but we're short on food and I didn't want to gorge on bread/peanutbutter. And I wanted to get over the 1200 minimum.

I am going to start jogging/biking tomorrow, I just want to get into a habit of tracking all of my calories.

Don't have the healthiest food to work with. So I just have to work with what I am given. And since everyone has said it doesn't matter WHAT you eat, as long as you eat less than your BMR to lose weight.
      I am going to drop the pepsi entirely, so that will help.

I had a question, but it seems to have slipped my mind, so I'll have to come back on it :/

Not gonna weight myself for 3 more weeks. Until then I just need to focus on staying under 1545 calories a day.
      I definitely need to look into getting more filling meals, after eating that hotpocket, which was a decent size, I still felt hungry. So I had to deal with that.

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

So, I decided to start early to get into a habit, calorie in/out weight loss wise.

Last edited by NewYorkKnickSoM; Today at 07:41 PM.

3. tu1ck

tu1ck Well-Known Member

So, I decided to start early to get into a habit, calorie in/out weight loss wise.

You're going to torture yourself at that little. What are your stats?

I eat 1700-1800 6 days a week and that's hard enough, I can't imagine going 400 below.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Male
      5'8"
      202 lbs

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

Use the formulas and calculate. You can drop below BMR, I do, but I would recommend starting with a smaller deficit to get used to eating less, then gradually lower until you have a nice deficit going.

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Is your post for real?
      Because i do not understand how HOT POCKETS and PEPSI are the best choices.
      Drink water man. Pepsi isnt hydrating you, water is the best thing in the world for you.

Additionally, lean pockets have the same price as hot pockets, and are much better.

Good work in starting to count, but do not resort to half measure in anything you do in life, and you will go so much further.

7. Jemenony

Jemenony Well-Known Member

^no, dont assume that.
      If OP can sustain that, he will see results faster.

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

pepsi lol, dude get DIET soda. Drink water if you want to drink regular soda.

9. littlemudda

littlemudda Well-Known Member

But if he can't(very possible due to 760 calories of nothing) then he'll binge hard which is very discouraging. If he replaces those 760 with more filling foods and water, then he will have an easier time sustaining.

10. vergeeld

vergeeld Well-Known Member

He's still better off eating more and learning a good, disciplined approach to dieting rather than eating a pitiful amount (for his stats) of food consisting of poor nutrition on a whole.

OP, read the stickies, lift weights now, start yesterday.