• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Sleep

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zonezan, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

How much sleep should I get when I am training? I usually get anywhere from 5-8 hours of sleep depending on if I have to wake up for work in the morning.

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

I'm hoping the answer to this is "lots of sleep is good" because this new diet I'm on has left me absolutely famished! The only time I'm not hungry is when I'm asleep. :p

3. Zest

Zest Active Member

At least 8 hours of sleep. Otherwise you won't even have an energy to follow your daily routine. I sleep 9 hours approximately and it works the best for me. It's important to remember that sleeping more than 10 hours of sleep could have reversed effects - you may wake up even more tired than the day before.

4. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

I sometimes have an issue sleeping because of naps during the day or my irregular work schedule. I will try hard to better plan my time so I can get the sleep my body needs. Thanks.

5. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

I shoot for a minimum of 8 hours. I feel better with 9 though. Somewhere in that ballpark would work fine. I would say just listen to your body. If you are still tired try to get a bit more!

6. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

this is not true.. I sleep 5-7 a day and have way more that enough energy to train they say 6-8 hours of sleep is best for you. I find anything more that that I wake up too tired. 6 hours is pretty much perfect for my body anyways

7. allswl

allswl New Member

It is advise that for optimal functioning we all should get about 8-10 hours of sleep per day. if you do not get enough sleep you will be putting your body under great stress over time and that will cause more problems than you need.

8. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

For the past few days I have been getting 7-8 hours of sleep and been feeling pretty good. I don't wake up drowsy anymore and throughout the day I don't get tired and want to take a nap. At work I have been more energetic and able to focus throughout the day. So far so good I suppose. Let's just hope I keep it up.

9. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I pretty much need and get 8 hours of sleep most nights. I can cope with less but not over a consecutive number of nights. But I really go out of my way to make sure I get those 8 hours. I really love sleep. It might sound sad, but sleeping is one of my favorite things to do.

10. kubica

kubica Member

I sleep 7-8 hours a day, and find I recover enough no matter how hard I train. So, I would guess that 7-8 hours is enough sleep for everyone else too.