• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Skinny kid looking for some insight and advice-potential?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vijugati8g, Apr 19, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Hey, my name is Jacob and i'm 17 years old. I just joined this website and am looking for a little advice. I have never worked out before and I would like to gain a little muscle. I'm 6'2, 150lbs, so as you can imagine, i'm pretty slender. I have some pictures showing my body type, and my natural muscle. I know the pictures may make me look a little douchey, but i'm just trying to show everything I have to work with. If you guys could help me determine my body type, and genetic potential to gain mass that would be great. workout plans and diet tips would also be appreciated. I don't eat horribly, but i don't eat great. Some days I eat chicken breasts and salads, whereas some days i eat chocolate and pop :/. Anyways have a look at the pictures and tell me what ya think. Cheers.

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Skinny kid looking for some insight and advice-potential?

It's hard to not look douchey when you are skinny (I would know)

Genetic potential does not matter. Get a good routine and eat a lot of steak, chicken and milk and you'll gain.
      Make sure you're eating more than enough calories, head over to the nutrition section. You'll probably want to start calorie counting as a lot of skiing guys are disolusioned about how much they really eat. They think they eat all the time and eat a lot when they do eat, but in reality, it's probably not much.

When I first did this I had the mindset "I eat all the time", but in reality, I was averaging ~1,200 calories a day over the course of a few weeks.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

The trick is being consistent and never relenting on your diet or workout routine.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Thanks alot man! I am REALLY skinny, so i have a feeling a should be eating 4500-5000 calories a day. Judging by my body, and muscle genetic, do you think i'll ever be able to hit 180-190 lbs?

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Dont dare to eat that much or you will gain much more fat than muscle, just cleanbulk read the stickies a man whit knowledge is more worth than a man whitout.

And you could get too 200 lbs but not this year though will take several years .

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

you don't think so? one time I ate like fast food for 2 weeks for lunch daily...and I gained 1 pound. :/

7. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Count the calories, a fast food lunch can range between 500 calories and 1200 depending on the meal.. That means unless you eat another 1000 - 1700 calories in that day, you lost weight.

You need to know EVERYTHING you eat, find your calorie maintenance number, and eat more.

Trust me, if you gain 15lbs of fat, you will just look gross. You will get a "spare tire", your shoulders will still be pointy and skinny, and you'll become pear shaped.. Gaining 1lbs of muscle always looks better than 1lb of fat.... and it takes a lot of time if you are going to nail a sustainable lifestyle.

My calorie mantenance level is 2,500 calories per day and around 90 grams of protein. If I want to have any chance of gaining, I need to eat 20% more than that consistently, every day.

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Wow, you really know your stuff man! Thanks for telling me this. I'll attempt to eat cleanly and consistently. As far as the weights go, how should i be lifting? heavy/low reps, isolation, compound?

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Someone else can fill you in on a routine better. if you have a smartphone, get something like JEFIT or track in a notepad and just make sure you do more every single time you work out. You may plateau if you stick to only heavy/low or light/high... sometimes it's necessary to switch up your routine every few months to continue gaining.

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the advice man, I really appreciate it..now i have some motivation to start working out haha