• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • side bar...

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies and Gents.

Going to give you a little backround on my situation.

My wife and I both work full-time in the US Military and im actually in Afghanistan right now (been here for 4 months, have another 8 to go) while she has remained in Hawaii with our kids (with one 12 month old). We have been married for 4 years, and have been together for 7. Now here is where things get a little weird.

I am on my 4th yearlong deployment to the middle east, with one year in Honduras also since 2004. Since we have been together, I would say the longest we have spent together continously is 16 months, sad I know. ANYWAYS, my wife is one of the strongest women on this planet (yes im bragging) and is currently doing everything. She takes care of the kids, works full time as a supervisor, and is taking online college classes.

Since we have been apart so much, I have literally exhausted my simplistic mind, along with the internet, and a way to show my appreciation.

1. I have paid for someone to come clean the house so that she does not have to on the weekends.
      2. Flowers
      3. Got one of those weird romance novels where they supplement her name, and mine into the book.
      4. Offered a spa day, but she seems to warm up the idea but always cites the kids.

What im looking for is something different. If anyone has any good/unique ideas I would love to hear them. I will also say, long distance relationships DO workout, and when we do get back together it is like a honeymoon phase, so do not let people say that it cannot work. You just both have to be strong individuals.

Thanks alot everyone.

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

side bar...

What does she like? Does she have hobbies? Tell us more about her and we can help you better.

Is this just a gift for gifts sake or is it her birthday, an anniversary, etc?

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

side bar...

Well what a wonderful husband you are! Your wife sounds like superwoman.

So, I wish I had great ideas off the top of my head but I can't think of anything. So... tell us a bit more about her... what does she like? What is she in to? Does she have any hobbies?

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

side bar...

Holy crap.... wizard???

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

side bar...

[​IMG]

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

side bar...

Thanks for the replies.

I definitely should have been more specific. No, our Anniversary is not until June so I have a bit of time on that one. This is just a "I appreciate you" type of thing.

The problem is, Monday-Friday she is getting up at 430am to get our kids ready for daycare. Than she is at work from 630am-6pm. When she gets home, its feeding kids and getting ready for work the next day so its a vicious cycle. She then spends Saturday cleaning, and Sunday doing laundry. Like I said, she is definitely a superwoman if I could say anyone is. I really don't deserve her.

Ok her hobbies/interests? Well, aside from fitness (which is already covered) she enjoys to read (when she has time) and is also into scrapping. The problem is that she pretty much does not have time to do anything and that is why this is frustrating. I have bought her all the shiny things that sparkle... but am considering getting her a necklace or something nice. I know my wife loves jewelry, although she does not get to wear it very often.

I would really like to do something that would say "I really appreciate you, and acknowledge your effort". Thanks alot again for your quick responses.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

side bar...

Will give you guys some green dots on recharge

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

side bar...

Does she have any family or close friends nearby that can help out with the kids if you wanted to set up a spa day or some similar type of "experience" for her (as opposed to just purchasing a gift)?

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

side bar...

Would say the same... shes working crazy hours, i think she needs time for her, to relax.

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

side bar...

I do actually like the spa idea...

We have a babysitter that probably watch them. Have you had good spa experiences? I have never been so cant really comment on it.

Tags: