• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • serious people only.... need some advise...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by fa2nzg, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Okay I have been getting back in shape for a good while, I was never fat.. started cutting at about 18% body fat. My weight loss journey was quite easy. found my maintenance calories and consumed 500 calories on a daily basis. all went perfectly fine until recently.

-the things that changed are my body fat % is in the single digits for the first time in 13 years.
      -my cardio has increased to 6 days a week
      -My girlfriend introduced to me some sugar free syrup 30 cals per 3 table spoons.
      - started adding honey to my greek yogurt....

I am much hungrier than ever and I am craving all kinds of food...and I believe it started around the time I increased my cardio to 6 days a week 45 minutes each day... but the honey and syrup was introduced at about the same time.. if not the exact same time. I have done 3 mini binges in the last little while they were 4567 cal. 4254 cal and 2345 cal... these numbers are not over my maintenance they are the totals for the entire days. so I guess I could minus my maintenance from those numbers which is 2345 calories

My weight is 162 / my height 5'8 / my protein 200 grams / carbs about 100 grams/ fats 70 grams/ daily calories 1750/ calories burned running with a heart monitor 650 / i have no idea what 1.5 hours in the gym burns... maybe 300?

I need help asap with my hunger pains....

Thanks

2. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

serious people only.... need some advise...

Last edited by vermeer; Today at 12:42 PM. Reason: mistake

3. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

More fizzy drinks and get rid of the sugary stuff and keep the cardio for a week, then see if you still get hunger pangs. Better to cut sugary food as theres more benefit to keeping cardio in and getting a good deficit as opposed to knocing a few cals off from sweets.

Hope that helped my man

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Everybody deals with these things a little different. Personally when I start feeling hungry on a cut and its not time to eat yet (

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

like fizzy water? I dont drink soda at all....

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

What kinds of food are you eating to get those macros? Its pretty normal to have some wicked cravings as you get sub 10% body fat. I would recommend you find some high volume, low calorie foods you like.

- Chicken Breast
      - Green Veggies
      - Egg Whites/Eggs
      - Oatmeal
      etc....

Alternately, if you have been cutting for awhile you could take a week off and eat at maintenance or slow you cut down to .5 lbs/week. The most successful people I read about at getting/maintaining sub 10% do it extremely slowly.

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Honestly, if you are single-digit bodyfat eating 1750 kcal/day and doing 6 x 45 minute cardio sessions + gym I don't see why you would suspect the condiments.

Do you do any PLANNED and SCHEDULED refeeds?

8. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

I eat exactly what you mentioned.

chicken breast, egg whites, tuna, tilapia, greens, greek yogurt 0% mf, avocados, nuts, iso xp.... I change it up often. I will simply fight the urges.. I guess thats all I could really do.. everything is in check...

do you think the body get adjusted to low bodyfat after a while? and then the hunger pains slowly diminish?

9. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

i like the sugar free extra dessert gum, that stuff is great, well any gum really. Try coffee or rockstar energy drinks if you can get them for dirt cheap, shirataki noodles, or the low cal whipped cream on sugar free jello if it helps.

10. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

I think the combination of low body fat and eating under maintenance plays a large role in hormone levels. When you transition back to eating at maintenance that should help but as long as your cutting my guess is it will stay challenging.