• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Rape - a cautionary tale

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by emininojiq, Apr 20, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Footballer Ched Evans has been jailed for five years for raping a 19-year-old woman, while another player, Clayton McDonald, has been cleared. The Wales and Sheffield United striker Evans, 23, was convicted by a jury at Caernarfon Crown Court.

Both he and Port Vale defender Mr McDonald, also 23, had denied rape at a Premier Inn near Rhyl, Denbighshire.

The men admitted having sex with the woman on 30 May 2011, but said it was consensual.

In sentencing him to five years in prison the judge said: "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated.
      "CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend.
      "As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse.
      "When you arrived at the hotel, you must have realised that."

He told Evans that he might have been used to receiving attention from women in the past due to his success as a footballer, but this case was "very different".
      The judge said the sentence took into account that there had been no force involved and the complainant received no injuries.
      He also said the complainant was not "targeted" and the attack had not been "premeditated".
      "You have thrown away the successful career in which you were involved," he told Evans before sending him down.

During the trial, the jury saw video interviews in which the woman, now 20, said she could not remember what happened.
      She could not remember travelling to the hotel, but woke up in a double bed.
      "My clothes were scattered around on the floor," she said.

During Evans' evidence, he told the jury he had gone to the hotel, let himself in to Mr McDonald's room and watched his friend and the woman having sex.
      It was claimed Mr McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes.

Being a Sheffield United fan, i've been following this case very closely. As the judge says, there was no force involved but Ched has been extremely foolish and must now live with the fact that he is a convicted rapist. This is slightly different to someone who for the sake of argument held a girl by knifepoint and then sexually assaulted her but nevertheless, rape is rape.
      He is a very stupid boy who has taken advantage of a girl who was not in a fit state to consent. I am utterly ashamed of the fact that he is connected to my beloved club.

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

How did the other guy get away with it then? Sounds like they were as bad as each other.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

i was about to ask that!!!! they both admitted having sex with her and only 1 gets convicted wtf!!!

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

It's a tough one a relative of mine is a police officer and they talk about how many cases they have like this but the women are taking the **** most of the time. They get soo fcking drunk and acting irresponsible and are convinced they were raped even when most of the time this isn't the case. They just fcked someone, too drunk to remember and convinced they were raped.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

That is something that doesn't really make sense. Although both were accused of rape, the jury found McDonald not guilty.
      Did the time he spent with her in the taxi, in the hotel mean he "believed" she consented?. She surely knew what they were going there for and had plenty of time to turn him down. She never at any point has said she said "no" but was just too hammered to consent to anything.
      Evans however, entered the room and looked to jump straight on. We know stuff like this goes on all the time but it's not right. If that girl was my family member i'd be wanting to kill him.

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

Fvck the slut who got this guy thrown in the can.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

I was going to sleep with lass until she fell over on the way to my bedroom. She was proper up for it but I just couldn't do it. I ended up letting her sleep it off in my bed and I slept on the sticky leather couch! Moral of the story....I'm not in jail.

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

Yup I will never ever sleep with a girl who's that smashed.

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

If it was your family member I'm sure you'd give her some guidence so she didn't get herself into that position. This just shows that binge drinking messes people's lives up

10. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Rape - a cautionary tale

Would you be saying the same if it was a female member of your family? I guess not