• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • OUT OF BREATH

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raleoxilevz, May 7, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Afternoon guys,

Just a quick one, I do 5 days cardio along with weights every week, i can run up to 30 to 40 mins no problem yet when Im going up stairs at my work or if i do a short sprint to the shops, I feel like Im out of breath. How comes this happens?.

Do any of you get the same? I smoke 6 to 7 roll ups a day so I know this can be the reason but even when I gave up for 9 months it was the same.

Any answers appreciated. Cheers

2. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

Well I could jog about 5 miles without much problem but if I sprinted just 500m I would be more out of breath, obviously?

Takes a lot more effort and energy to sprint at full belt, you will be in more oxygen debt than if you were jogging when you can regulate your breathing and keep it normal

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

think its the same for most people. any quick bursts of exercise leads to more oxygen intake thus breathing heavily at the start

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

I dont just jog though mate, high intensity, incline, step machine are all mixed in. cheers for the reply.

5. diksdiks

diksdiks Guest

OUT OF BREATH

Yeh your right tyramhall, i just dont like feeling as if im unfit, cheers mate.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

Don't know then, It's the same with me and I spend a lot of my time doing hill sprints and lots of HIIT in boxing, If I sprint to the shops (About 300m) then I will still be a bit out of breath? But no where near as much if I've just done 5 rounds of sparring followed by a circuit? Doesn't mean anything mate, you're normal

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

i know what you mean. by the sounds of it your not unfit. ive built my fitness levels up pretty well over the last 3 months and if i have to sprint anywhere out of the blue for a decent distance then i can gurantee ill be breathing heavily. doesnt mean that i cant carry on running though! if you have to stop then yes you would be unfit!

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

Do some high altitude training.

9. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

thanks chaps

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

OUT OF BREATH

Anaerobic activity eventually requires oxygen to rid itself of lactic acid etc, a Usain Bolt is breathless after a 100m sprint.

Tags: