• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need Suggestions on turning down guy that works at my gym

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by Greg, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

There is a guy that works at my gym that I see there frequently (his shift is the same time I go to the gym). He found my profile on a dating website and messaged me on that site asking me if I'm the girl that goes to that gym he works at. In addition, he provided his name, number and said the normal dating BS (lot in common, we would be great together if I'd give him a chance, etc.). He also said that the next time he sees me at the gym, he would introduce himself to me.

I messaged him back saying "Sorry, I'm not interested", hoping that would end it...but he responded back acting like he wasn't originally hitting on me but just wondering if I was the girl that lifts weights at the gym. Since the original message, I've switched my schedule at the gym hoping to reinforce the message that I'm not interested.

So I'm not sure of the best way of dealing with this to get the point across that I'm really not interested and to avoid having him confront me at the gym (I'm afraid if he confronts me I may go on the defensive right away and be a bit mean).

Now I'm not the type of person that has a problem with dating someone who goes to my gym or dealing with awkward situations. And I don't care that people find my dating profile, although I do find his method to be a very beta way of approaching a girl (messaging through a dating website with a profile with no pic, when you can talk to this person IRL). I'm just trying to find the best way to handle this situation without having to be mean.

Edit: Was going to remove the term beta...but since it has been referenced, I figure that wouldn't be right. Regardless of the approach, I would not be interested.

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Need Suggestions on turning down guy that works at my gym

Last edited by Artemis00; Today at 03:35 PM.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Tempted to neg for use of the word beta.

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

He found you on a dating site correct? You cant "ding" or call him "beta" for him hitting you up on a site you were a member on just cause of no avi. Maybe before that he never knew you were ready to date or even available. It's one thing if you know this guy and you just aren't into him. But if you just don't want because of the way he made contact with you. you shouldn't be on a dating site. And the best way to dealing with him IMO is to say no IRL or doing something with him and then deciding.

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

It's easy just tell him he is not your type.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Sorry, been chatting with too many miscers these days. Fraudian Slip...Will edit

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

His approach is not a determining factor regarding whether or not I would be interested. I'm just not interested. I probably should have left that part out, but it actually has become a bit sensitive for me cause this is the second time when someone that I know IRL has done this and I barely have enough information to be 100% confident who they are. Just a bit creepy.

8. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Why not ask him to send you a picture first.
      Do you know who the guy is?

9. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I would actually be concerned that if I requested a pic that he would interpret that as some level of interest. Plus I really don't want to get into the conversation of the type of pics you end up getting from some of these guys.

Regarding the one in question in the original post...based on a process of elimination, I'm 95% confident on who it is.

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Confused on how it's creepy? Do you expect to not meet people on the dating site IRL?

Personally wouldn't have changed my whole schedule around to avoid this person... Be kind & courteous and tell him he's not what you're looking for?