• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need a good workout for my GF

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by parnassto, Mar 26, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Hey so my GF works out with me 4 days a week with weights (my BB split), but 2 days a week she goes by herself after work and does cardio and random stuff. Shes trying to loose a little weight so i want to help her with some sort of cardio type circuit that she can do with alot of core/stability stuff that will also work her lower body. Shes just starting out so beginner stuff would be good, nothing crazy hard or EXHAUSTING... yet lol eventually when she gets comfortable ill have her on a hard-core workout. But for now nothing crazy!

i have a few ideas in mind but i wanna see what u guys (girls) think lol.. reps of course!

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Need a good workout for my GF

Last edited by y0lked; Today at 03:51 PM.

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

So she is a beginner and doing the split outlined in your log, right? And then 2 days of random stuff on top of that?

Your plan is not suitable for her - she is doing too much and probably not enough at the same time. As a beginner, she should, like ALL beginners, be perfectly fine with a basic beginner program - ie. Starting Strength or, if she does not wish to do that, Allpro's routine is just fine.

She does not need a 6 day split. 3 days would be fine. A proper routine done to max effort in 3 days would do better for her than 6+ days of light stuff that is meant for someone who is advanced. How much weight is she lifting when she goes? She could be putting all that energy into a good heavy squat/bench/deadlift and be done a lot quicker and get better results.

Male or female, it doesn't matter. Beginners should start like beginners. Basic lifts.

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

So your girlfriend follows your 4 day a week split and 2 days a week she does cardio? The human body reguardless of gender works similar in how we build muscle and lose fat...If shes a beginner theres no reason for her to do a crazy cardio type circuit...Just teach her how to do some sprints and make sure her diet is in check...Theres no reason to make things complicated for her when especially as a beginner her body will respond to any stimulus..Also your routine is not catered to her needs..make sure you focus on the compound movments with her as well...good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

This is from the ***MEN*** sticky above. Note the part about the 6 day split was originally in red

TRAINING: IF SHE WANTS TO LOOK FIRM, TIGHT, and LEAN ->> She needs to lift heavy things in the gym then add cardio as required (if desired). DO NOT start her on a 'pink dumbbell routine'... similarly, she DOESN'T need a 6 DAY BODYBUILDER ROUTINE!

There are MANY good starting programs - things like: STARTING STRENGTH, NEW RULES FOR WOMEN (or the men version works just as well), or any well designed THREE DAY FULL BODY, or UPPER/LOWER ROTATION (3-4 days a week)....

Focus on the BIG lifts that add intensity to a workout. Squats, deadlifts, leg press, OH and bench, pulldowns, rows, push ups.... Adding dynamic work (lunges, step-ups), and core stability work is also a good idea. For these => Lifting in the 6-12 rep range is a good place for most females. If she is only new - start her in the 10-12 ranges. If she is a little more experienced, she will be able to handle more weight without issue.

She doesn't NEED TO DO CARDIO EVERY DAY.... This can actually MAKE THINGS WORSE: In females cardio usually INCREASES HUNGER and MAKES IT HARDER TO DIET.... Additionally - adding LOTS of cardio in the face of LOW CALORIES will cause her hormones to do the wacky and she'll bloat up like a puffer fish with water.... So: If her diet is ON TRACK cardio CAN be 'the last resort' to help increase calorie expenditure.... So a FEW DAYS of HIIT could be all she needs!

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Yea sorta, she does a 15-20 min cardio warm-up as i start my routine that day and then she comes down and finishes my workout with me. So her sets when shes with me are small but she puts in ALOT of effort and she lifts good weight. She just hasnt ever done weight training so i want her to develop some basic muscle and be able to control her lower body muscles better before i get her on squats and deadlifts.

For a girl that has never lifted weights before.... im really really impressed!!
      Her diet is AWESOME! She eats healthy meals with me, and doesnt eat junk food. High protein, good healthy carbs and low/moderate fat.

Things like:
      Potatoes n egg whites with banana and strawberries
      chicken breast and rice
      protein shake post workout
      healthy salads
      etc

7. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

lol is everyone that posts in the female BB secion an idiot? Cause u guys certainly treat people like they are. Everything u guys have posted i have given the exact same advice to other people including her.

If i wanted to know how a girl should lift i would have asked that. Now.. if anyone (primarily a female) could post up a fun, engaging 30 minute exercise routine that they enjoy doing, i would appreciate it.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

THIS.
      There is NOTHING wrong with her doing your split with you. Totall good. Let her do whatever kind of cardio she wants on the other days. Let her pick something thats fun for her. For cardio just frakking zumba is fine!
      I have had crazy metabolic splits in my plan before and lemme tell you... they will NOT make her love working out LOL. What I'm trying to say is... metabolic circuits are not fun or engaging

9. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

yea, she ASKED me what she can do when she goes to the gym without me that isnt weights (cause she only wants to do that with me) that would be fun. She already LOVES working out lol

i know some things she can do later down the road that are like "crossfit" that i did a while ago preparing for football but i wanted a females opinion... hints the post in "female bodybuilding"

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I automatically pictured the type of metabolic circuits that I used to do... which did invovle weights. Nobody chop my head off for this, but I almost think she would like picking out a cardio class to go to or even yoga. Its different from weights and can be fun and sometimes social. Personally I do heinous please shoot me in the face stairmill/deathmill for cardio *vomit* also not fun or engaging.

Tags: