• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Marriage. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by crormaSoila18, Jun 10, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I have been together almost two years, she's starting to get the marriage bug.

Actually I say that but she's more or less had it since we got together! Personally I've never really liked the idea, I've always been a logical person and I don't know many happily married people beyond the first couple of years. It just never really seemed worth the bother, especially when you think 50% of marriages end in divorce and it's always the bloke who gets shafted.

Now with my girlfriend, I can see her being a good mother, she earns good money and we get on great, I'm as happy with her as I expect I could be with anyone. I don't believe in "the one" or that soppy bollox, I know I could be just as happy with many people out there.

Anyway, I want to keep her happy, I could happily never marry, but it's important to her and we've talked about our future etc, she said no kids without marriage, so since I want kids in the future I know we'll have to get married, and to that end I've agreed we can get married at some point in the future. If I have kids I want them in a stable environment, or as stable as I can make it.

Anyone on here a bit of a skeptic about marriage but changed their mind when they actually did it?

(Like to point out I'm not even engaged yet, I've just agreed that at some point soon we can get engaged...definitely shouldn't have given her my budget for an engagement ring though doh)

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Marriage. Is it worth it?

Pre-nup

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

well mate marriage is that good i did it twice lol ...

4. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

TBH l dont see what the problem is with marriage, l love being able to introduce my wife to people.

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I think it's the case of it doesn't really change anything or make you love each other any more, so why the fuss?

For me personally, I'm only 22 though I wouldn't expect myself to understand it

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I don't really get it either tbh.

It's a religious thing, and neither of us are religious.

She says she wants the kids (eventually) to have the same name, so why not change hers by deed poll? lol

7. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Frank i could not have put it better myself. Word for word i feel exactly the same as you. I am just a bit further along the path with me and Mrs Mish planning our wedding next year after being engaged for a year.

But for all intents and purposes you have taken the words right out my mouth

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I know I definitely don't want anything to do with a church, don't want to go anywhere near religion, it has no part in my life, never will, and will never have a part in any of my childrens lives. A nice ceremony abroad I could get behind, but again not too bothered

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Yeah I've said somewhere on a beach, just the two of us, maybe a couple friends if they wanna come.

I also dislike the huge industry that is marriage these days, my friend owns a bridal shop, and all the dresses are on a minimum of 1000% markup. MINIMUM, she'll flog a £50 dress for up to £1000, and because it's white and fluffy women will pay it. Madness.

Women are so obsessed with having a perfect day all about them that they justify it "I'm worth this" "my wedding is worth this" ... crazy. Went to one a while back where the invitations cost £10 each, i binned it after reading it. Insanity.

10. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

in my opinion its only waste of money.youd better off getting maried just two of you

Tags: