• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Lost

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Capone, May 7, 2012.

1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Right guys and gals, i've been well into my training for years and have stuck to a good healthy diet until now. Three weeks ago my mum was taken into hospital due to falling over. It soon came to light that she had lung cancer and the cancer had spat tumors off around her body which resulted in 3 tumors growing on her spine causing her to lose mobility. We were then told she was unwell enough to recieve treatment which meant she had a maximum of 3weeks to live. Monday morning she sadly passed away and i have gone to pot. I am still training hard but can't stop drinking every night to numb the pain. I'm sure i will snap back into it but at the minute i can't do without the drink. As the title says, i'm lost and don't know where to go from here.

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Lost

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Tough times.

If you think you may have an alcohol problem, perhaps finding and calling a helpline of some sort may be the way to go.

Definitely talk to a doctor or appropriate medical professional.

Not an online "doctor / bodybuilder" either.

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Lost

i am very sorry for your loss.i went off the rails some time backand hit the bottle hard. i went for counseling just to talk to someone who didnt judge was a great help

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Lost

so sorry for your loss mate, you need time to grieve, but the booze ain't going help, it will just mask the initial pain, my mum's nan died 2 years ago and she went to her gp and got referred to counselling, it really helped her in the long run.

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Lost

I'm good during the day, i get on with work and enjoy my training but it's on a night when i turn to the drink. Don't get me wrong, i aint an alco but the bit i am drinking aint helping my training.

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Lost

So sorry for your loss. Everyone grieves in their own way but just try and think of what your mum would say to you and try and think of what would make her proud in the way you deal with this tragic situation.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Lost

I am so sorry to hear you've lost your mum. It's never nice to lose someone you love but at least you both had a little warning and could spend some time together before she passed away.

As for the drinking, well, that's how your coping for the moment. There's nothing wrong with it for the time being, as long as it's not hindering the rest of your life. It's probably helping you to sleep too.

I would hope in a week or so, things will start to get a little easier and you will start cutting back on the alcohol and move forward with life.

No, the drinking won't help with your training, you're right, so knock it on the head as soon as you can.

Can you talk to a family member or a friend? Maybe spend time with other people in the evenings, to try to avoid drinking every single night.

If you find you can't give it up and a few weeks, or if you need more and more of it to get you through the day, then you are developing a problem and you need to speak to someone about it.

Grieving takes time. You can't expect to be up and running immediately.

Hope things are better soonxx

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Lost

Sad time mate but u can only look upward from now on as u know she wouldnt want seeing u drinking that much so think of her this way and surely this will help.. Cheers.

9. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Lost

Sorry for your loss mate, I have had to deal with 2 myself recently and it is hard to keep focus. As has been already said, keep talking about it, don't do the bloke thing and bottle it up, that's what I did and then when I phoned the local paper to put a bereavement notice in I started to crack on the phone to the girl!
      As for the bottle mate, try not to, have a go at some Nytol and get a few early nights

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Lost

I really am sorry for your loss I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Tags: