• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Losing Fat putting it all together

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by masoven4u, Sep 27, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

So i have done a lot of reading and asking a lot of questions this past week so now I want to start putting it all together and working out a diet.

So from what I have gathered at my current stats (I am now 156lb) And around 20% Body fat (this is just pure guess work) I need about 2100 calories a day to maintain. So in order to cut at 20% Lower than maintenance I should start at 1700 calories and see how that goes correct. See what happens after a week or two and if there are no significant changes maybe go to 1500-1600.

I worked out my macros to be 140 grams protein, 70 grams fat, but my carbs seem really high at 5g per pound = 350 grams.

Goals are to go from 20% - 14% in 2 months or roughly 8-9weeks. Losing about 1-2lb a week max. Not to worry I will bulk next year! So i am not going to be a 140lb skinny guy!

TLDR:
      1700 to cut at my stats
      140 protein 70 fat 350 carb

Edit:
      Still training 4 times a week, very little cardio/walking on non training days. I work a desk job

Correct or wrong?

2. 32chevy

32chevy Well-Known Member

Losing Fat putting it all together

Check your math 140P, 70F, 125C

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

for the love of god start out with higher calories...no reason you should be cutting on less than me. start with 2000 cals a day and go from there, there's no way your body only needs 2100 a day to maintain if you're lifting weights throughout the week. in fact, a quick online check shows you to be maintaining roughly around 2600-2700 for your activity level.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

At velotique isnt 5 grams per pound 350? How did you get the 125C?

At Sharpieblet The only calculator does not factor in training days that is true. However I think 2600-2700 might be a bit too much im already eating about that much and gaining weight lol so it definitely needs to be lower than this. I think maybe you are right though start with 2000 and see how I Go especially if I want to only lose 1-2lb a week aye?

Also I usually go by KJ content from what I understand KJ - > Calorie is a factor of 4. Anyone think this is a dumb way to calculate it?

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

MrMoo, Sharpie is probably right re you upping your calories!

But for your 1700 number, I worked it as: grams of carbs = ( 1700 - 4*140 - 9*70)/4

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Thanks for that but just wondering, i obviously know what the 1700 is but every single other number I have no idea lol can you link me to the thread or the formula without numbers? Thanks!

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Ah!

Total calories is worked out by multiplying the macro's by their calorie values, i.e. 1g protein has 4 calories, 1 gram fat has 9 calories and 1 gram of carbs has 4 calories.

Once you've set your protein and fat goals, subtract them from your calorie target, to get your carb totals.

So for 2000 calorie TDEE:

2000 = (4 x 140) + (9 x 70) + (4 x grams of carb)

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

O nice! This helps heaps, so that means 200 carbs then! Correct? (Roughly 200) This is really helpful must save it on my note pad =)

So does that sound ok at 2000 calories a day
      140 protein
      70 fat
      200 carb
      Do for 1 week and see change? Or do i need to wait 2-3 weeks due to water retention etc? I only have 9 weeks or so, so i don't want to be waiting 3 weeks only to find I have been maintaining and lost 3 weeks of time etc. That is a concern for me

9. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Yes - always give it a couple of weeks to settle. Also, go by the combo of scale & mirror - you will get a better feel for your progress. Good luck & good job doing your research!

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help! If anyone else wants to chime in feel free =)

If it is a couple of weeks I may tweak it and start off at 1900 instead due to my limited time frame so if nothing happens at 1900 i still have 6 weeks and I can change it to 1750 or so.

Now comes the tricky part of putting the foods and filling in the calories and macros!