• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Lack of support from friends and family

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by masoven4u, Mar 8, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hi,
      I guess a short introduction may help to understand what I'm thinking at the moment.
      2 years ago I was 97kg and fat, lazy and unfit. My gf dumped me so I looked in the mirror and did something about it. I started by just running, and completed 2 half marathons, best time being 1hr 50m. Since June I've started training with weights and have used a s&c coach every now and then for training plans and nutrition advice. I'm now 77kg and down to 14% bf.
      Problem is I still feel and look fat and so I've recently had a complete nutrition overhaul, eating 5x a day and taking whey and casein and omega 3 to shift the fat. The diet isn't the problem, but what I'm finding is that no one seems to understand why I'm doing it, I'm at uni and have stopped drinking entirely to be disciplined and so my housemates are not happy, they all rip the s**t out of me for my diet and the way I train as its different to the standard sit on a bench and press all day workout. My family are also now not tolerating the way I'm eating, spending money on kit and training all the time saying that it's over the top and stop being vain.
      Has anyone else had any experiences like this, as at the moment I feel like a t**t and vain as everyone keeps telling me.

Thanks, Tom

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Lack of support from friends and family

It's one thing your uni mates taking the pi$$ but shame on your family.

Keep going mate, you'll always have support on here.

3. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Vain cnut. Lol don't give a **** what they think!

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Close minded idiots, don't see why you should care what people like that think, I have no time for anyone like that

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Haters gonna hate.

Edit to say: people are like that of things they do not understand. Educate your family. Try and educate your friends. If they do not listen educate them with a constant flow of women. They will wish they were vain as well and probably bow to you like a god. (from experience.....well apart from bowing like a god)

6. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Last edited by empzb; Today at 05:52 PM.

7. Brenner

Brenner Well-Known Member

In time the haters will be jealous. They wont hate then just you see.

8. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Obessesive is a lazy person describing dedication mate. Keep at it, it's your health at the end of the day not theirs

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity what sort of shape are your family in. People dont like to see others achieve as sad as it is to say most people like to be able to look down up other. If your family are unfit like you where previously explain to them how terrible they look show them some before and after pictures of yourself. Remember they see you every day and so the changes are not as noticble however if you showed them a picture of 12 months ago and now it can be quite a shock to see how bad you were previously. They can never ever tell you that staying active and keeping fit is bad, if so you need to explain to them very carefully that they need to go back to school and start all over again.

10. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Yer I've had it with my parents, tbh I just kept going and eaten and trained all i wanted... As for your mates well there probably all noodle armed cretins so you should remind them of this as much as possible.