• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Journey from Fat to Fit

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Korporalegq, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

OK, so I reckon I should start from the beginning. After a renewed vigour for life and needing to find myself I made the conscious decision to get fit after being a complete lardy for ten years. Marriage Kids, Career had all taken a toll and as many already know we have a tendency to, well to be frank, get lazy unfit and telly tubbies as we become more comfortable.

I started to jog at 5am in the local park , basically so no one could giggle at the whale as it wallowed through the rain soaked paths and followed my own careful diet plan and lost over 40kg.
      Then I realised that actually I remember these feelings of happiness from before I was married and enjoyed a very active sporty life competing in athletic events from the age of 7 until I was 27.My life was beginning to change, I could actually breathe and it was then I met a PT local to the area as he walked his dog.

I decided well, make the effort you lazy woman and at 45 walked into the gym he owned and started to train there. This was Genesis Gym Wallasey. A wonderful gym with great staff and a superb supportive set of people who are friendly and always willing to help and advise you. The best decision I Have made in the last 20 years I think. All the guys training there are happy and enjoy what they do, they range from competitors to novices to those just wanting to get fit and enjoy life. It is a credit to train there and I really do enjoy the banter.

This is where I started in 2010
      lard **** karen.jpg

Then I went to this in 2011
      Karen Sept 2011.jpg
      Then from that to this now 2012
      kaza best thigh.jpg
      This has been a journey that has been tearful at times , fun, motivtional, inspiring , it has demanded dedication , support from many people but well worth it.
      Thanks to everyone without YOUR support this would not have been possible.

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much total weight you lost?

3. Korporalegq

Journey from Fat to Fit

65kg

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

o me is dopey dont do ks whats that in pounds?

5. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

Amazing weight loss

Superb transformation

6. Korporalegq

Journey from Fat to Fit

hahah me neither will work it out 162 lb
      I have never felt fitter nd look so much better now thn when I was 20.
      I think one day I would like to compete but dont know if I have the confidence, but as they say You wont know until you try.....

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

omg omg you have lost 11 stone and 8 pounds!!!!!!!1

wow fabulous thats brill such an achievement, tell all, how you do it?

yes compete, feck it u know u want it

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

I started by looking at what I was eating, or for want of a better phrase constantly snacking on, comfort eating like most of us do or have done or indeed will do. Took out bread , fried foods, crisps, sweets, and replaced those with eggs, salmon, white meats, veggies, salad but always allowed myself a sunday treat of ice cream or chocolate , so cravings remained low.
      Water a plenty, alcohol no way except at Xmas and New Year, started to jog three times daily then attended gym. Asked for help and was started in Nov 2011 on a body building diet and training to tone up as previously I was just doing cardio to burn fat. That is when it started to become a journey of dedication. Its been hard following a body builders program but hey with the diet and exercise my body shape has transformed completely. I am actually proud to be in the skin I am in....

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

and rightly so!!! a true inspiration

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Journey from Fat to Fit

This transformation would not have been as quick or indeed possible without the support from everyone at GENESIS GYM, WALLASEY.

Tags: