• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Job situation...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by defelqy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Well, ive been out of work nearly a month now and ive still no luck. Since the last 6-7 months ive applied for over 300+ jobs, had my CV remade by a clever mate which is good, but am i the only one whos getting nowhere at all? I had a interview but i didnt attend as i was told off an agency they could get me work, still not heard nothing! which has ****ed me off. Is anyone else in the same boat?. All my CV's etc and cover letter is upto date, what else can i do?

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Job situation...

Go to the interviews you get invited to?

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Job situation...

Little things like your email address - is it something professional like JamieG****@gmail.com or badboyjamie@hotmail.co.uk.

Also whilst looking for work watch what you put on social networking sites. I know my boss checked my face book page for 2 week before offering me my current job (He told me this after, and i have seen him doing it to new colleagues).

Ring agencies weekly so they know you’re keen for work, sign on to a few agencies.

Go to the jobcentre they have them little stands with thousands of jobs.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Job situation...

Put your facebook privacy on private haha

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Job situation...

The facebook really p*sses me off. I hate the fact that social networks are now taken in to account when you apply for a job

6. baletki

Job situation...

Same here mate, got offered a job for life with Amazon in.October until they did a CRB check then I've been on the dole since.

Not even had a reply back from any, been on courses about covering letters, written applications & cv's

Starting to think there's no point in even trying cos its just wasting my time & there's obviously better people applying than a 29 year old who's been in prison.

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Job situation...

Don't bother, every job advertised in the job centre is available on the Directgov jobs website.

8. baletki

Job situation...

Yeah my email is professional, i have a personal one which is for random **** and a work one which i only apply for jobs with, so if i get an email on my gmail its work related. Signed upto every single agency in town. It might not just be me though, others aswell im thinking? Im going to work with the misses uncle tomorrow plastering to see what its like im doing in voluntarily aswell something i could just stick on my cv or something?

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Job situation...

If you are really struggling go to college and learn a trade and go on your own.

Plenty of things you can do on your own.

10. roger

roger Well-Known Member

Job situation...

Voluntary work is great proves that your determined to work looks good on your CV

Good luck with your job hunt

Tags: