• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Is this bad?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by suighja, Apr 19, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Ive recently started to bulk up from the help in the losing weight section (thanks!), and im on about 2400 calories a day, around 300g carbs, 150g protein and 66g fat. I want to know if going just over or under certain levels is bad in anyway? For example the other day I went about 4g over fat, and yesterday about 10g over carbs. My protein is fairly consistent but I was just wondering.

Any help is much appreciated!

2. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

You are worrying about 58 extra calories?

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

That's 76 calories. That's nothing. It also falls well within the accuracy error of measuring and calculating calories anyhow. You are likely more than that off in either direction anyways and you don't even know it. Proceed as normal. Adjust to real world changes.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

If you mean to say you are getting the same number of calories but not getting these exact numbers each time, I can assure you you are vastly overthinking this. Aim for the minimums of fat and protein and get a caloric surplus in order to bulk, not much more thought than that is needed. Of course, your diet should be sufficient in micronutrients as well and you should be getting plenty of water.

If you are saying you are going a bit over or under on calories; however,

you are still VASTLY overthinking this XD haha, seriously dude at your weight, just make sure your getting at least ~125-130g protein and at least ~65g fats per day while monitoring your weight so that you are gaining at the rate you intended.

GL w/ your goals ^_^

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

Sorry im quite pessimistic about these things and fairly new to bulking etc. Appreciate the help though , will rep ASAP

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

I just woke up. FAIL. :p

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

even with a scale to measure it is impossible to get it 100% on the nose with no variation. Do the best you can to be consistent adn you will be fine.

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

Yeh I have a knack for over-complicating things haha, plus I got uni exams in the next few weeks so I need to kinda keep everything simple hence the questions

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

Given your statements quoted above, combined with your height and weight, I think you may have or be developing an eating disorder.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Is this bad?

You sure about bulking at 2400? Seems low unless you are completely sedentary....

Tags: