• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Tom White @gymtoto, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Tom White @gymtoto

Tom White @gymtoto Moderator

We have all at some point heard that breakfast is the most important meal of of the day but is that actually true?
      I would say that it is on the reason that it boosts your metabolism after not eating for a few hours while you was sleeping.
      There is a but though! It depends on what you eat!

Now many say not eating a breakfast can long term make you gain weight. Studies have shown there is no actual proof of this and in my opinion it is overeating that contributes to weight gain.
      Skipping any meals tends to leave you hungry and your more likely to want to grab quick calorie dense food on the go that can add to weight gain over a long period of time but just skipping breakfast does not necessarily mean weight gain.

Eating breakfast as i have mentioned however can kick start your metabolism and this can actually help burn fat long term.
      Alot of people cant face food first thing when they wake up. For these people i would suggest that when you est your first meal of the day it should be a healthy choice with protein carbs and low fat.

A good example of this would be eggs on wholemeal bagel.
      For those that do eat a breakfast when they wake the same applies with protein carbs and low fat.

Here is some examples of healthy choices for that most important meal of the day! Please check the Nutritional label if you choose the on the go cerial bars as these are sometimes packed with sugar.

Porridge
      Eggs on bagel
      Low sugar cerials
      Protein shake
      Smoothie
      Yoghurt and fruit

If you need any further advice please ask.
      Tom