• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I Don't Understand Why People Here Cut So Conservatively

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fa2nzg, May 2, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I really don't get it, it's baffling to me. I was reading a thread the other day here about people recommending to cut on 300-500 calories a day and my reaction was that my head nearly exploded. At that rate, it will take you maybe an entire year to get lean

Isn't it a much better option to get shredded in a 2-3 month period by losing 2-3 LBs a week, and the just spending 2 months to easily regain all your strength and muscle lost (which usually isn't even all that much - maybe 6 or 7 LBs of muscle lost), instead of spending 8, 10 or even an entire year to get down to single digits?

Conservative Cutting - it might take you 8 months to go from 15% BF to 8% BF
      Hardcore Cutting - it might take you let's say 2.5 months to go from 15% BF to 8% BF and then another 1.5 month to regain your lost mass thru muscle memory

Through hardcore cutting, you get shredded in a fraction of the time (very important for people trying to get in shape for the beach) and overall you're spending about half the time to get exactly the same results. How is this even a choice for people? I mean that's 4 months wasted in conservative cutting that you could use to gain 3 or 4 LBs of muscle

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I Don't Understand Why People Here Cut So Conservatively

Hmmm, you might get flamed a lot for this post (healthy reasons and what not of such aggressive cutting), but I never thought of it that way before. With that said, I have no further comment. :] I'm sure others will chime in soon.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

In.

4. suighja

couldint agree more, im 190 and i usually cut at 1500

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

what health reasons? I know tons of people who do hardcore cutting all the time with no problems of any kind

Losing 2-3 LBs a month isn't really a big deal anyways for your body

6. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

You aren't accounting for the muscle loss ramping up as you get lean (11%-8% let's say). You also aren't accounting for the wacky hormonal stuff that starts to happen cutting too aggressively at that same leanness. You can get away with it when you are fatter, when you are nearing single digets it gets a bit more complicated.

7. suighja

Because no one wants to lose hard earned muscle. Building lean muscle is much harder than it is to cut and lose bodyfat, and by this post it seems like you haven't built enough muscle to get that.
      Anyone i know would rather spend time on a long, good cut instead of being stupid like you and burning everything they have worked for just to "get ready for the beach".

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

That one asian dude ViperX lost 3 Lbs a week and got shredded and looked awesome in like 8 weeks. So what if he lost say 6 or 7 Lbs of muscle? He probably regained that in a month afterwards and he didn't have to spend an entire year cutting like you guys recommend here

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Couple things

1)I'm 6'0 220 @ 15% BF, I have plenty of size

2)Please look into muscle memory. I once had an injury and lost 30 LBs of muscle in 6 months of not lifting. I regained it in 2.5-3 months. I could regain the 6 or 7 Lbs of lost muscle from aggressive cutting in about a month

So cut for 2 months and get shredded, then spend another month to regain lost muscle or spend 8 months losing half a pound to week to finally get lean in January?

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

LOL. At everything you posted. Please read this: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html