• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • how much money do you think you will need and at what age do you plan to retire?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by n1du0f, May 1, 2012.

1. n1du0f

n1du0f Well-Known Member

I'm sitting at my desk looking out the window at the ****e weather and thinking I would love to retire abroad...I'm mid 20's so still got a while yet but who wants to work for a living!

Have any. Of you on here retired, live or lived abroad?

How much would you need due think I would say realistically would need to be in excess of a million to have a good life!

2. casse

casse Well-Known Member

how much money do you think you will need and at what age do you plan to retire?

A lot probably, I'm wanting to do the same though, hopefully go to work abroad first, and then retire there.

Not sure exactly where, trying to make some in roads to get into Australia at the moment, but it's probably the biggest decision of my life, so taking it slowly.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

how much money do you think you will need and at what age do you plan to retire?

Someone I know married an australlian and lives in a place called mandurah (typo?) Just south of perth on a large cattle farm...they are happy....least you could have a steak a day!

Its a big decision but normally all the most important decisions I have made have always been for the better...

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I would love to retire to the mediterranean. But with retirement age nowadays, you wont have the health to enjoy it!

Plus in the office trade, i doubt theres much scope to get a job over there ?

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I've been paid to stay at home for the last 6 months so put all my effort into finding and setting up a profitable, easy to scale business that I felt could set me up for life.

On saturday I averaged over £110 per hour, most days I'm averaging £70 per hour, but going up. At this rate I plan to take on 4 employees by june and keep on scaling it from there.

I'd like £2.5 million to retire on, I could invest that wisely and never touch the principal.

That's my plan, I'm 27, I'd like to do that by 35. If I keep up this current rate (assuming no further growth) I'll make over £100k after tax this year. 2.5 mil would take a while at that rate, but we'll see.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

What is it that youve set up ?

7. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Do you pay well?

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

I want to work for a living... But probably 70 the way the economies going!

9. butjhaphoyk

butjhaphoyk Well-Known Member

I want to eventually set up my own gym

10. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

once the properties paid off reckon i'll be needing under a grand a month in retirement for a very comfortable but simple life-will be using eco tech to power house, poly tunnels for homegrown food and own reared animals for fresh meat-looking forward to retirement at an age when i'll still be fit enough to enjoy it.