• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How long after alchohol until you can process glucose? (slightly advanced)

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

So i know processing alcohol takes presidents in your liver and means any carbs you eat cannot be processed and get turned into fat for the mean time until they can be used...

so i drank last night, last drink around 10pm, its now 11am the next day, feeling a bit worse for wear and dehydrated.

does this mean i can still not process carbs? or would the alcohol of been metabolised by now?
      thanks

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

How long after alchohol until you can process glucose? (slightly advanced)

lol.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

"In the liver, an enzyme similar to gastric ADH metabolizes the alcohol, which is converted to energy by a coenzyme called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). NAD is also used to convert the glucose you get from other carbohydrates to energy; while NAD is being used for alcohol, glucose conversion grinds to a halt."

source
      http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...s-alcohol.html

maybe i wasnt right about the fat storage part? but im right in saying the carbs dont get processed?

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Wow.

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

now what am i getting negged for haha!

some of my understanding is from leangains, he says he stays away from carbs and fat a day before and after drinking because of what i mentioned?

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I did NOT neg you.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

i know, but im assuming from your comment you may do haha...

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

anyway, is my understanding incorrect? most of what i read suggests its true your body cannot process the carbs and fats with alchohol in your system, so surely its not only pointless to eat them but could add to fat gain?

or would it simply enter the fat cells, then when the alcohol is metabolised it would leave again to be used as energy?

(may all sound a bit uneducated Havnt done biology since gcse...)

9. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Considering this, alcohol doesn't stay in your system for more than but an hour per drink, or .015 of BAC per hour.

10. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Please stay in school.