• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Hardgainer's Diet Plan

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by chea, Nov 8, 2012.

1. chea

chea Member

This is a great diet plan for hardgainers. I live by this diet when I'm bulking. It works great. If you follow this diet and lift properly, you will gain and you will see great results.

Meal #1-Breakfast: 8:00am

Whey Protein Shake (50 grams Protein)
      Oatmeal or Sugar Free Cereal (40 grams Carbs)
      Glass of Milk (10 grams of Protein)

Meal #2-Snack: 10:00am

Peanut Butter Sandwich (15 grams protein, 40 grams carbs, 20 grams fat)

Meal #3-Lunch: 1:00pm

1 cup of Chicken, Beef, or Fish (50 grams protein, 5 grams fat)
      1 cup rice or potatoes (40 grams carbs)
      1 cup Vegetables (20 grams carbs, 10 grams fibre)
      OR Tuna Sandwich (25 grams protein, 40 grams carbs, 5 grams fat)
      Glass of Milk (10 grams protein)

Meal #4-Snack: 4:00pm

Peanut Butter Sandwich (15 grams protein, 40 grams carbs, 20 grams fat)
      Banana (10 grams carbs)

Workout: 5:00pm

Meal #5-Post-Workout: 6:00pm

Whey Protein Shake (50 grams of Protein)
      2 tablespoons Dextrose or Waxy Maize (15 grams carbs)
      1/2 cup Rolled Oats (30 grams carbs)

Meal #6-Dinner: 8:00pm

1 cup of Chicken, Beef, or Fish (50 grams protein, 5 grams fat)
      1 cup rice or potatoes (40 grams carbs)
      1 cup Vegetables (20 grams carbs, 10 grams fibre)
      Glass of Milk (10 grams protein)

Meal #7-Before Bed Snack: 11:00pm

Whey Protein Shake (50 grams of Protein) (if above 200lb)
      1 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese (50 grams of Protein)

Total Protein: 260 grams

Total Carbs: 335 grams

Total Fat: 55 grams

http://www.hardgainersguide.com/hardgainers-diet-a-complete-meal-plan/

• Like Like x 2
    2. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

This looks like a very good meal plan to follow. I like how it incorporates the consumption of protein shakes. I will definitely see if I can follow this plan and start gaining because I do not eat healthy at the moment.

3. chea

chea Member

This diet changed my life. If you follow this diet for a few months you will know your body and what it takes to get gains. Before starting this diet I had no idea how important nutrition was when it comes to bodybuilding. Nutrition is 50 percent of bodybuilding. This diet is also very inexpensive. I would suggest this diet plan to anyone who is starting out and is serious about getting gains. Follow it for 3 months, lift seriously, and you'll see the results.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

This isn't my idea of a great bulking plan because of the milk, peanut butter and grains. Grains are one of the worst foods you can eat because they contain antinutrients like gluten, phytates and lectins. There are better sources of carbohydrates - sweet potatoes and plantain, for example.

Peanut butter contains aflatoxin, one of the most harmful toxins found in food, as well as a load of omega-6.

5. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

You don't really have to worry about naturally occurring aflatoxin. Apiaceous vegetables such as carrots, celery, parsnips, parsley (and a number of herbs and spices) can decrease the carcinogenic effects of aflatoxin.

Raw peanut butter is too good to pass up regardless :)

Bunny.

6. chea

chea Member

Which is more convenient? Making a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk or boiling potatoes?

You knock protein powder too... But you have to understand, for bulking you need to eat about 6 or 7 small meals per day. It's not easy to be continuously feeding yourself 6 or 7 times per day for months on end. It's exhausting, actually. Not just preparing the food but also consuming it. Try cutting out protein powder and just eating whole foods and see how long you maintain your diet.

For me this is a great bulking plan not only for the foods you are eating, but for the convenience of it, as well as the cost, as well as keeping your sanity while following it.

For me, in the mornings I have a hard time eating right away because, after sleeping for 7-8 hours, your body becomes catatonic. So, in order to get yourself back into "eating mode", a protein shake and a bowl of oats is sometimes the best thing.

7. musclemad

It's convenient to buy a burger at the Burger King drive-thru. Convenience does not justify bad food choices when you can quite easily opt for healthier options. You will care about the food you are putting into your body if you are health conscious. Is boiling a potato really such a trauma? It will take 10 minutes and you have real food, ideal for bulking. You don't need to eat 6-7 meals to bulk either, you can bulk on 3 big meals providing you are eating enough calories and nutrients meal frequency doesn't matter.

8. chea

chea Member

Dude, here is a quote from Scooby1961:

"What provides me personally with the best results is to eat 6 ‘meals’ a day with the first and last being a glass of protein powder in water right when I awaken and before I go to sleep. I divide up my daily protein (240g) over the 6 small meals so my body has a constant source of protein to rebuild."

For building muscle it is good to continuously feed your body. You know a lot about food and nutrition but I seriously doubt you have ever followed a bulking diet.

If you create a diet plan with diced chicken and sweet potatoes, etc. The average guy will look at that diet plan and quit in the first week. This diet is inexpensive, manageable, and realistic for the average guy who wants to gain weight.

9. musclemad

A quote from Scooby, the bodybuilding messiah himself.

Scooby follows the bodybuilding myth. Do you know how many hours it takes to digest and assimilate a steak? It would take at least 10 hours!

It takes up to 3-hours to fully absorb a protein shake when consumed in a FASTED STATE, that's the original study this eat every 3-hour myth originates from. Protein from whole food consumed with other nutrients takes MUCH longer.

I have done the whole bodybuilding bulking thing, that's how I started. Since then my knowledge has developed.

Check out Martin Berkhan's top 10 fasting myths debunked.