• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Feeling off

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Capone, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Hi, I just started my new healthier life today. Completely cleaned up my diet, and will hit the gym for the first time in a while tonight. I'm following one of Jamie Eason's plans on here. However, I'm starting to feel really weird (Halfway through the day). Sort of lightheaded, and off. Is this normal when you switch to a clean diet after eating junk food a lot? I'm sure I'm actually getting more calories than I had been before, and I'm eating way more frequently. I just feel really weird and am a little worried.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Feeling off

It's very possible that what you think is a "healthy" diet is actually a deficient diet. It's a common mistake that people make when they think individual food choice, rather than total daily intake of nutrients, determines the "health" of a diet.

Please post an example what you consider a "heathy" day of eating and include calories, macronutrients and your estimated BMR, TDEE, height, weight and % BF.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Feeling off

Okay, so I'm following the 12-week livefit plan to a tee. So today for example will be:

Breakfast:
      5 egg whites
      3/4 brown rice
      a few strawberries

Snack:
      1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
      veggies (peppers and celery today)

Lunch:
      1/2 large chicken breast
      3/4 cup brown rice
      veggies (same as above)
      small salad

Afternoon Snack:
      2 chicken muffins (Jamie Eason recipe)
      veggies

Dinner:
      1/2 Chicken breast
      3/4 cup brown rice
      veggies
      salad

Late night snack: (seems odd to me to eat later at night but I'll do it if it's the right way to go)
      5 egg whites
      veggies

The rest of the information I'm using online calculators so it might not be 100%.

BMR: 1469
      TDEE: 1755
      Height: 5'4"
      Weight: 140-145 pounds though lately it's been firmly 145
      BF%: Last time I had this done professional I was mid-high 20s

I have 2 months while my fiance is away for training and I just really want to get into good enough shape that I can keep up to him when he gets home.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Feeling off

Full stop. You are eating VERY LITTLE fats. THIS IS BAD!!!

With your stats you need to be consuming around 50-70 grams of fat daily.

5. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Feeling off

I'm just curious why they aren't built in to that plan if it's up on this site then? Would throwing in things like avocado and nuts help me out then?

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Feeling off

Like I said, I was just following the plan on this site.

Link here: www . bodybuilding.com / fun / jamie-eason-livefit-trainer. html (remove spaces)

But it sounds like the fact that I'm not feeling well on it is warranted. I'm going to do my own research instead of blindly following something I found and try to figure out something that works better for me. And chicken is one of my favourites, as well as rice. But the reason I'm not switching it up throughout the day is honestly because I'm a lazy cook. lol

8. remstation

Feeling off

Add some healthy fats like nuts, avocados, fatty fish ect. For a few days And see if that makes you feel better. If not then I would switch up your diet

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Feeling off

Honestly, it's because that isn't Jamie Eason's plan. It was a plan that was designed and built for the website and endorsed.

Why aren't they added? No idea. That diet is incredibly dangerous though.

To answer your other question, yes adding nuts and avacado would be good.

Looking at the plan, I would replace two of the 3/4 cup rice's with the caloric equivalent of almonds/cashews.

10. remstation

Feeling off

Okay, I'm going to try to stick with it. But take ven33's advice and switch out one of the 'starch' options with a fatty option of nuts (which I love anyways). And make sure I have some goodies in at least one of my salads each day to add fat. I might try out salmon for one of my proteins as well and see as that helps. Besides, the salmon here in BC is amazing anyways!

Tags: